Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
curtis ryan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just started playing DC and was hoping someone someone could clarify turn order in team games for me.

Do both players on Team A perform each phase of their turn at the same time, or does Player 1 on Team A perform his entire refresh/activate/deploy/cleanup followed by Player 2 on Team A?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each player would fully complete their turn, then the next. And probably best to have teams alternate. Player1 of team A does a complete turn, Player 1 of team B does a complete turn, Player 2 of team A does a complete turn, Player2 of team B does a complete turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
curtis ryan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that all the members of the team plays each turn phase simultaneously. I.e., team A plays the draw phase together, then the order phase, then the deploy phase. This cuts down downtime and play time in half and allows players to coordinate. There is really no reason to do each player's turn separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
curtis ryan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
We play that all the members of the team plays each turn phase simultaneously. I.e., team A plays the draw phase together, then the order phase, then the deploy phase. This cuts down downtime and play time in half and allows players to coordinate. There is really no reason to do each player's turn separately.

When you play like this and come to the order phase -- do you keep each player's order phase separate (Player 1 activates all creatures, then Player 2 activates all creatures), or do you combine the phase and allow mixed play (for instance, Player 2 could activate a couple creatures, then Player 1 activates a creature, Player 2 activates his remaining creatures, then Player 1, etc...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do it with mixed play in each phase. It works fine, the team can choose the order of its attacks. Where the board is divided into two separate fronts, attacks can be resolved on different fronts at the same time, otherwise they have to occur one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
curtis ryan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks -- I'm looking forward to bringing this to the table. I'll let my group know that we could go either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we are playing like this
Team A (1A and 1B)
Team B (2A and 2B)

Sitting in order 1A - 1B - 2A - 2B
and we play in this order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.