9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Where have all the streamers gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I used to watch Running Bear and Genestealers stream but they along with all other ANR streamers seem to have dropped off the planet. I was just wondering if there was a reason for the dry spell that seemed to be affecting every streamer I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a courtesy, people didn't stream games during the Accelerated Beta League. After that month of not-streaming, it's difficult to get back in the groove of streaming again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Running Bear was streaming regularly while the ABL was running, even a few of his matches were streamed. I do recall while watching his most recent broadcast him apologizing for some reason that was preventing him from streaming regularly? I'm not in a position to watch again so I can't really be less vague, but check out his most recent broadcast if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genestealers has been streaming this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
speaking of streaming....OCTGN beginners FINAL is tonight...830pm on my twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/dimsumdarren#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
dimsumboy wrote:
speaking of streaming....OCTGN beginners FINAL is tonight...830pm on my twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/dimsumdarren#

I'm enough of a geek to have watched this. A highly exciting match-- hard to believe how those games went down, really.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The loser unfortunately managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in both games, especially the second (missing that he could flatline the runner with a Neural Katana and going for Ichi instead).

So I think the primary lessons here are 1. always ask how many cards the opponent has in hand when you have potential damage sources on the table, and 2. never access four cards simultaneously against Jinteki: Personal Evolution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Genestealers has been streaming this week.

It's a pity that he stopped uploading his games. Because of the different time zones, most of the time, I watched the past broadcasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
School has started up again, which means I have less time to myself, plus this weekend was Magic prerelease weekend, plus I'm now sick...yeah, it's been hard to find time to stream. Once things are settled down a bit more and I'm healthy, I'm sure I'll be able to get the odd game or two in each week, but it definitely won't be like it was over the summer, when I had oodles of free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
He stopped uploading his games? Ok guess I won't be following him anymore. I watch 100% of the streamers after the fact. Work keeps me incredibly busy and I take the netflix approach to all digital entertainment, meaning if I can't watch it on my schedule I won't watch it.

RB - Ok well thanks for the heads up at least now I can stop refreshing the "past games" tab on a daily basis expecting something to show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.