Hide
3 Posts

Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Zed Kappa Status rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Certain citizens were classified to that status in the sci-fi classic The Andromeda Strain movie (1971), based on Michael Crichton's novel of the same name. Hermann, was that some of the inspiration for your game title and world infection situation? If this is old news I apologize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah .... the Andromeda Strain! I remember reading that book as a young lad. It was the first book I read that scared the living crap out of me. Crichton wrote some great stuff, didn't he?

But no .... not from that movie or book. The term "Zed" is from some other movie I saw or a book I read. I can't remember which one, but it stuck with me as a unique reference to zombies. The entire game title was then formed because of its similarity to the iconic movie title "Dawn of the Dead".

Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks Hermann for sharing a bit of history and background about the game's creation. Yeah, the Dawn of the Dead reference is clear but that Zed bit got me thinking. I was watching Andromeda Strain today and caught that and was just wondering.

Been on a sci-fi kick all week, mostly with Charlton Heston flicks like Omega Man, Soylent Green, and of course Planet of the Apes/Beneath. Twilight Zone on a daily basis to boot. Quite enjoyed completing the excellent The Last of Us video game as well. I'm drawn to post apocalyptic settings for sure.

Cheers on such a great game Hermann. Can't wait for more word about Armazeddon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.