Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Vazquez
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a spare plastic mountain they wouldn't mind sending me? Possibly you spilled Mountain Dew over your entire game and had to buy a second copy, leaving you with duplicate plastic pieces? I would pay for shipping of course, and perhaps a small fee. It bothers me that tile 10 doesn't have a 3D mountain, and I cannot just cut a hole and use the ones that came with the base game because I glued them all into their respective tiles (which has been great, btw. Easier to set everything up and the tiles sit better). If not I may have to look into finding someone with a 3D scanner and printer or something. Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ask FFG already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vazquez
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Did you ask FFG already?

I have not, but that is a good idea. They might be amenable to sending me one. I am used to dealing with monolithic companies that don't care about their customers, but I bet FFG is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
kumquatelvis wrote:
selwyth wrote:
Did you ask FFG already?

I have not, but that is a good idea. They might be amenable to sending me one. I am used to dealing with monolithic companies that don't care about their customers, but I bet FFG is different.

They have always been great with me. If they say no, it will most likely because they just don't have any extra mountains to send you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vazquez
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, Fantasy Flight was unable to help me. Which brings me back to my original question; does anyone have a spare plastic mountain? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the link handy, but have you looked into that insta mold stuff?
You could mold off one mmountain and make as many as you need.
That was my idea to try at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vazquez
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I dont have the link handy, but have you looked into that insta mold stuff?
You could mold off one mmountain and make as many as you need.
That was my idea to try at some point.

I am unfamiliar with that, but I will look into it. Or perhaps I just need to get a mountain from a hobby shop. It won't match, but maybe I can get it close. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIY filler (the ready mixed kind) and a bit of patience is all you need. You can easily make your own mountain piece to sit on top of that tile. Trace out the desired base outline of the mountain piece on plastic card, checking the size and shape against a tile. Cut out the base. Now build up your mountain in 2 or 3 applications of filler, allowing it to dry between each application (it will sag if you put too much on in one go). When the final layer is well on the way to drying inscribe some lines in the surface so it dries with a pleasing landscapy look. Splash on some varied hues of grey and green paint once dry.

The lack of a 3d mountain piece for that tile annoyed me too. I have just crafted one in the way described above. Its drying as I type. I will post a picture when its finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the game and the expansion for sale but I'm guessing you don't want to pay that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.