Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So i want to buy up some of the FFG packs before they go alway. I have the Rev. Core set only. Here is what i am thing.

Allies - Medium Walker, Special Ops Rangers, The Boss,

Axis - Medium Walker, Special Ops Grenadiers, Sturmgrenadier Command Squad

I am trying to keep the sides balanced. I am $3 short of free shipping so i might add 2 more sets. Any suggestions and modification to my list above would be greatly appreciated.

I am rushing this and don't have time to research like i like to do. I noticed that the BBQ Squad is very close to the Hell boys. I want to avoid getting similar units at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
The first expansions recommended are the command squads.
Then the medium walkers and sniper/observer squads.
Then whatever looks cool.
That's for axis and allies.

For SSU, a command squad, some regular grunts like the rifle squad or close combat squad, then i'd go for the airborne KV transport which come with both an helicopter and the aero KV medium tank which has artillery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Grim Reapers for Allies and some Totes for the Axis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
soccer_knight5 wrote:
Ok. So i want to buy up some of the FFG packs before they go alway. I have the Rev. Core set only. Here is what i am thing.

Allies - Medium Walker, Special Ops Rangers, The Boss,

Axis - Medium Walker, Special Ops Grenadiers, Sturmgrenadier Command Squad

I am trying to keep the sides balanced. I am $3 short of free shipping so i might add 2 more sets. Any suggestions and modification to my list above would be greatly appreciated.

I am rushing this and don't have time to research like i like to do. I noticed that the BBQ Squad is very close to the Hell boys. I want to avoid getting similar units at this point.

if you are trying to keep the 2 sides equal , then get a single squad of gorillas , for axis to equal the hammers . and get a single squad of tank busters for allies to counter the heavy laser grenadiers .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias ??!
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get the Axis Gorillas only if you absolutely want to keep both sides equal. If you just want to get a good close combat unit for the Axis, the Untertoten (Axis Zombies) are a better choice. For the Allies, you should definitely add the Grim Reapers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd personally go against getting gorillas for the axis and the tank busters for the allies with only the base set.

Keep the faction different. Much more fun. If both sides are mirror copies the game is balanced, but more boring imo.

Getting the command squads and setting artillery for both sides is one thing, but getting both of them the exact same is another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.