Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I see a lot of complaining about the artwork of the cards. I see no problem at all. This is a game that art isn't that important.
The cards needs to have a legible font and all the information you need.
Like magic the gathering, thunderstone, DC deck building, or any other deckbuilding, after someplay, all I see are numbers and stats.

I can handle the artwork. I must say bad things about the typos and mistakes in the cards than the art.

It's only me, or graphics are more important than gameplay? I remeber a discussion with some CoD and BF players(PC gamesninja)...

Edit: I forgot the epic battle between meeples and minis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
well, if game play is more important than art work...why are you defending the crappy art work then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the art is quite pleasant. I also like that the font is sharp and easy to read IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the artwork for the most part, but I don't like the anime look for some of the characters. Not a fan of anime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone is saying graphics are more important than gameplay. However, I would argue that art is important in every game, especially Fantasy/Sci-Fi games.

Whether or not you like the PACG art is purely opinion. IMO, it's average at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
Hello all,
I see a lot of complaining about the artwork of the cards. I see no problem at all. This is a game that art isn't that important.
The cards needs to have a legible font and all the information you need.
Like magic the gathering, thunderstone, DC deck building, or any other deckbuilding, after someplay, all I see are numbers and stats.

I can handle the artwork. I must say bad things about the typos and mistakes in the cards than the art.

It's only me, or graphics are more important than gameplay? I remeber a discussion with some CoD and BF players(PC gamesninja)...

Edit: I forgot the epic battle between meeples and minis...

You say this as if good art and good design cannot coexist... as if it must be one or the other.

Art is passable at best. Design is horrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the artwork is fine, just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kairns
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hate the sleeves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.