Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tech Level questions. Each track has five levels. While the navy and air tech levels advance 1-2-3-4-5, the five INF levels are 1-1½-2-(+1 move)–3. Similarly, the five Tank levels are 1-1½-2-2½-3. How are the ½ levels factored in to combat? Or are they? Seems to me it could be that a nation in effect pays twice to reach the next higher level. For example, a nation is currently at INF Tech level 1. It then pays the appropriate number of MSPs, and is now at level 1 ½. But it is essentially still at Tech level 1. It must then pay the MSPs again and achieves Tech level 2. Same with the Tank tech levels, paying twice to achieve levels 2 and 3. However, this would be contrary to the Example in Rule 10.3.2 which states: “If Germany has a level 2 Infantry Technology, the Axis player(s) may spend MSP to move that marker to the
level 3 Infantry Tech space on the track. They cannot then buy level 4 Infantry Tech in this same turn.”
Is that correct? If not, then again how are the 1/2 levels factored in?

Secondly, is the max level a nation my achieve is 3 for INF and Tank since that’s as high as the tracks go? If so it would again be contrary to the example which states that Germany can achieve Level 4 the turn after achieving level 3.

HQ Units Comment. I really like the way an HQ can add its strength to a single combat during a turn. While some may question why an HQ can add strength equivalent to two or three Infantry Corps I think I get it. I think of it as the HQ adding resources available at the Army Group level to a single Army level attack making it like a Schwerpunkt, adding stuff like additional Artillery and Rocket units, Engineers, Assault guns, supplies and other logistics, etc.

I really appreciate all the great questions you guys are asking and that Danny answers them so quickly. It really enhances my understanding of the game!

Sorry this is wordy, and hopefully what I’m asking makes sense. As always, thank you for your time Danny.
~ Chris

Edit - i didn't mean to write that the tank track goes up to 4. It goes to 3 - Fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Inf levels are 1-2-3-4-5, like every other tech. It's just that the benefits they give are not numerically equal to the level you reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The half levels don't give you a combat bonus, so inf and armor is more expensive to get to +3, and that's where it stops.

This was a late change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Kazmierczak
msg tools
So how much do the half tech levels cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as the regular ones. Just takes longer to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TKaz84 wrote:
So how much do the half tech levels cost?

Each level's cost is according to the chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Kazmierczak
msg tools
So tech level 1.5 is essentially tech level 2 as far as technology and unit costs go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See my separate forum item that I created...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.