Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a trade that was submitted to the trade manager. The person in the trade with me claimed to have shipped the game we agreed on. When I contacted him later to inquire about the game he admitted that he never really shipped it.

Obviously, I was not happy with his deception. Last week I told him that I expected him to do two things:

1. Return my game unopened and tell me when he does (deadline was yesterday).
2. Leave positive feedback for me since I fulfilled my end of the bargain.

He has done neither.

I am going to give this guy a negative rating. He has traded quite a few times and received one negative and one neutral. Even with about thirty trades, two negatives is not going to look good.

The trade is sitting in the trade manager with both games saying they have been shipped. I think he's waiting for my negative to leave me a negative rating in retaliation. Or he's holding off giving me a rating to prevent my negative.

I'm going to leave a negative as a warning to other BGGers to avoid this guy. If he retaliates, is there anything I can do? I wish I could attach a note to the retaliation suggesting readers take a look at my feedback for him. Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, you've got 28 positive trades and comments under your belt. ONE retailatory comment (if it comes to that) wouldn't kill you, especially since you can explain it. And you might be able to plead your case to a GeekMod anyway.

I'd be specific in your feedback to him, however, when leaving negative feedback. If things happened as you state, he can't explain away a detailed trade comment that's negative.

Of course, if he does not ship your game, nor uphold his end of the trade, you can add him to the 'Deadbeat traders' link on BGG. THAT would certainly hurt him!

And oh...GO WILDCATS! I'm humming Walbash Cannonball as I type...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Walter
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is always the possibility of retaliation. For the benefit of the community, we have a responsibility to leave appropriate feedback so that other members that are considering future dealings with this individual will be able to make an informed decision. There may have been others that got ripped off by this person but didn't want to receive negative feedback--ultimately you got ripped off too. These people profit from our fear. If you are positive this guy is ripping you off then leave him negative feedback, post him on the Deadbeat/Slacker tradelist, and dare this cowardly thief to leave you anything put positive feedback!arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a victim of retaliatory feedback, I think it is a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n815e wrote:
As a victim of retaliatory feedback, I think it is a problem.

Noel, in your case I wouldn't sweat it.

1. It's from the notorious "oneking", who is a rather popular chap thanks to the Deadbeat Traders list. His word is worth, oh, I don't know, less than a Geekpenny, if that.

2. The actual feedback he left sounds like it was from an immature 11-year old who just discovered the internet. Hardly the sort of thing a perspective trader is going to take TOO seriously.

Greybear, in this case I'd leave the feedback and then go to the admins if he retaliates. You should have all the original messages and they can have a look at them....if they're like ebay at all they will remove the negative feedback provided you can prove you held up your end of the deal and it was purely retaliatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't count on having your negative feedback removed. I have a undeserved negative feedback (with positive narrative comment, by the way) that was left by mistake and both parties have requested it fixed to no avail. I imagine Aldie is a little too busy to handle something so minor... or maybe he is witholding changing my problem because I owe him a copy of Warhammer Quest from the Katrina charity drive I ran and forgot to ship out shake . Seriously though, one negative comment won't hurt you and your correct rating will do the community good, so just do it. I'd be glad to make a trade with you to boost your positive feedback even futher.

And Aldie, if you read this, the games are going out on Thursday, I swear. If I have to go to sleep with the package on my chest the night before, I will remember to ship out with my next set of Ebay orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response and encouragement. The offending party has returned my game. Interestingly, the game he offered me (and said he lost) is still listed on his "for trade" list. Something stinks there. And I'm out my shipping cost (not much since the game was light).

I will leave him neutral feedback with a harsh comment. I don't think its worth slapping him on a bad trader list, though he's on MY list and will be avoided in the future no matter what the offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greybear wrote:
Thanks for the response and encouragement. The offending party has returned my game. Interestingly, the game he offered me (and said he lost) is still listed on his "for trade" list. Something stinks there. And I'm out my shipping cost (not much since the game was light).

I will leave him neutral feedback with a harsh comment. I don't think its worth slapping him on a bad trader list, though he's on MY list and will be avoided in the future no matter what the offer.

I'm just glad you got your game back, Charles. Most of the folks who have posted to the "Deadbeat" list weren't so lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have been holding off submitting negative feedback due to concerns re: retaliation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.