Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so here's my problem: I love the variety that all the different modules provide. I love to have virulent strains and mutation strains, and I refuse to play with fewer than four epidemics. I also love the way the lab actions work.

Unfortunately, most of the time I play with people who are not quite that experienced with the game. A lot of people find it too difficult with even one module. When I combine them, things get downright discouraging, to the point where people have started refusing to play!

Here's my solution:

I'm going to try including the lab challenge, but with the option to find cures the old-fashioned way. This should make it easier, overall, but without sacrificing depth or complexity. The players have more options, so there's more opportunity to make mistakes, I guess, but you also get to choose the cure path that's most convenient at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect that, given both options, you will find yourself ignoring the lab 99% of the time. It's almost never going to be easier than finding the cure the old way. So, I don't think you are really introducing a new option this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Simonetti
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I agree with Cameron, I would like to know how that turns out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
I expect that, given both options, you will find yourself ignoring the lab 99% of the time. It's almost never going to be easier than finding the cure the old way. So, I don't think you are really introducing a new option this way.

My group finds that the lab way is easier, but maybe that is just play style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
The lab still takes 5 cards of the same color to develop a cure (characterize card, test card, plus 3 to finalize) so a simple cure is always going to be equally card efficient and more action efficient than a lab cure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.