Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to adjust the ship orientation when mounted? A few of my ships are not quite facing forward and one is tilted.

I suppose it would require adjusting the mounting peg, but not sure how to loosen or move it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, I'm really bummed that nobody answered this question as I have the same problem. Let me know if you figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't done this myself... one thing that's worked for me in the past with miniatures is using a hair-dryer to heat glued parts until they loosen. Worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Litorco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you send Wizkids a note and a copy of your reciept, I've heard they'll replace defective kits.

Maybe reach out to them first before trying a DIY solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron May
msg tools
This did it for me:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1025914/converting-heroclix-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beard37 wrote:

I found this solution murderously difficult. Hollowing out the center in such a way so as to sit on the stand but not snap in so hard it breaks the glue from the piece is pretty difficult.

What you could do, though I haven't since I have mostly added ships that never had a mount to have one, is to take a stand, cut off a small piece (about half an inch) from a spare stand peg so that the uncut piece is the female part of the stand that goes onto the peg. Then you sand down the other side where you cut the peg and glue it onto the model. It's fiddly to get right but it results in a very good mount.

I guess you could break off the existing mount and add this new one. If you did I would cut it off with the spinning disk cutter in a Dremel.

But I'd try the hair dryer first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.