Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After getting a second-hand coreset off some guy I found on the internet, and playing around a bit with that, I thought a second core set would be good to get somewhat more coherent decks. I built the four decks found here

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-deck...

and to be able to get an unfair advantage explain the game better to my friends I decided to play the decks against each other to see what happened. Random draw made the first game Lannister vs Targayren.

Targaryen started out strong, getting out Master Aemon for claim-soaking and a Dragonblood-boosted Jhogo on offense together with strong Belwas. An early seductive promise made a Lannisport Steward switch sides, and that 4-gold swing made the income levels comparable at least. Lannister had been planning to send Master Aemon to the Brothel, but when a second Dragon Blood (attached to Dario Naharis) showed up, the Brothel (and Cersei) mainly played kneel-defense against the big Dragon-blood characters. Littlefinger decided to play for the Lannisters and was strong and Lannister clawed back into the game, mainly on the strength of their intrigue. That Targayren decided to kill the treasonous Steward in a Wildfire assault was probably a bad play for them too.

Tyrion, Cersei, Littlefinger looked good, and with gilded plates and a draw and gold advantage, things were looking up for Lannister. But then the burnings started. I'm not sure if I played this right, but Lady D:s chambers together with Flame-kissed and Forever burning and then repeat next turn was awesome. One turn Targayren actually managed to play a character, pick up flame-kissed, play flame-kissed to burn Bronn, play another character, pick up flame-kissed, play flamekissed to burn Tyrion. Good stuff. With the burning of all the Lannister smallfolks, there was too little defense when the dragons came stealthily roaring across the roofs of Lannisport. When Littlefinger accidentaly drank Milk of the Poppy, the Lannisters conceded.

The game took several hours, but was great fun. I think I'll search the spare plot cards for more interesting stuff though. Lannister could definitely have used a Valar Morghulis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.