Hide
14 Posts

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » General

Subject: Holding the board game together? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Howdy
msg tools
I just recently got my game and had a few friends over to try it out and we are having a blast with it.

I have not ever owned a game like this however and I am noticing a couple of things that I assume someone has seen before and can tell me how to fix it.

My large board game pieces are not entirely flat and curl up ever so slightly at the edges.

I want make the board stay in place a bit more solid so that after we may have had a few we don't try to slide our game piece on the board and catch a tile and mess the whole game up!

Has anyone ever seen any small plastic grooved pieces that you could use along the edge to try to lock your game board a bit more in place, or even that slotted on both sides so you could place them in the middle of the board to make it a bit more rigid?

I am looking for any ideas or some links at all.
Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
terraclips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use kitchen drawer liners. Picked up a roll for less than $10 at local Wal-mart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Kuhnle
msg tools
I play with a sheet of plexiglass over my board. Holds it still and protects it from scratches and dents!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Howdy
msg tools
troyboy81 wrote:
terraclips

Love the look of these but I think I would only need the I clips for the game and I have no idea if they are the right size for the cardboard.

MEdwards777 wrote:
I use kitchen drawer liners. Picked up a roll for less than $10 at local Wal-mart.

This seems like a quick fix that sounds awesome and I think I have some around from when I moved last time too!

ElCapitan28 wrote:
I play with a sheet of plexiglass over my board. Holds it still and protects it from scratches and dents!

The only thing I can think of here with this is how the game board changes in size, how could you make sure you always have the right size around? Also what is the cost like on something for say a 3x3 board size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a thin black yoga mat I got from cosco (3 for $12) and it fits perfectly on a 6ft gaming table. It keeps all my game boards and pieces from sliding around and in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainHowdy000 wrote:
ElCapitan28 wrote:

The only thing I can think of here with this is how the game board changes in size, how could you make sure you always have the right size around? Also what is the cost like on something for say a 3x3 board size?

You just buy a piece that fits 3 x 3 and anything smaller will fit under! This is what I intend to do eventually but in the process of moving so not practical. If your tiles are curling up at the end slightly they might be a bit warped. Have a closer look to double check and if they are flip them so that the curled ends are facing down and leave some heavy books on them for a couple of days, that should sort them out. A non-slip mat is a great idea too and can be picked up pretty cheaply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCapitan28 wrote:

I have thick clear vinyl table protectors covering all of my various sized tables. I just put the game boards underneath to protect from spills. Got them from local hardware/housewares shops. They come pre-sized or you can cut to size from a roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
CaptainHowdy000 wrote:
ElCapitan28 wrote:

You just buy a piece that fits 3 x 3 and anything smaller will fit under! This is what I intend to do eventually but in the process of moving so not practical.

Then what do you do if you want to play a scenario with a 2x4, or 3x4, map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
CaptainHowdy000 wrote:
ElCapitan28 wrote:

You just buy a piece that fits 3 x 3 and anything smaller will fit under! This is what I intend to do eventually but in the process of moving so not practical.

OK, buy one that fits those maps if you intend to play them. The principle is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
If you're going the clear acrylic route, rather than buying it to fit a specific game, you might consider buying one cut to fit your entire table. Then you have one that will fit almost all games in almost all configurations that it's possible to play on said table (barring obvious exceptions, such as those with 3D boards!). It also means you can throw a table cloth over it and it's functional as a table without having to find somewhere to store a big chunk of acrylic in between usage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
CaptainHowdy000 wrote:
ElCapitan28 wrote:

OK, buy one that fits those maps if you intend to play them. The principle is the same.

Sorry, I was being facetious. Should have included a winking smiley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave H
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
We use a clear vinyl tablecloth. Inexpensive and can cover any size map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.