Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
First turn the German Panzers can make a free advance.. then they do they blitz attack... at the end of it, I now have 2 lines of German troops.. the tanks and their accompanying line fillers a bit into Russia, and several hexes behind them the initial German line of Infantry.

How do you handle this? The German infantry have no one to attack as the tanks chased off all the Soviet troops....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't remember the mechanics in detail anymore but you should alway find you have a line of axis troops adjacent to a line of soviet troops. The troops always refill as the axis advances. I believe there may be an explicit rule for axis units that somehow end up 'behind the line' (I think they get get removed and return later in turn) but can't remember exactly.
Sorry I can't be more direct help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, there's ALWAYS a line of Russian units pressing against EVERY German unit ALL the time. So, have your panzers "go deep," rather than "rolling up the Soviet Line.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
original post wrote:
I now have 2 lines of German troops.. the tanks and their accompanying line fillers a bit into Russia, and several hexes behind them the initial German line of Infantry.

It sounds like OP may be overlooking:
rules wrote:
[4.1.2] Retreating & Unit Removal: Conversely, if, due to retreating, there are units of either side in hexes that are no longer adjacent to enemy hexes, then remove them from the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why.. yes I am! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric v
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I do it: during blitz, panzers go straight eastwards in three lines that are one hex apart. You end the blitz with alternating green and red lines (each being 2-4 units long) since you have to replace the advancing panzer with committed German infantries and add Russian units to keep continuous front lines. Then during regular combat, panzers attack southwards or northwards to close the trap and voila, you get 6-8 Russian units surrounded and eliminated. Then you remove the German infantries and reposition them along the new front line which should be 2-4 hexes in front of the old one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.