Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Watson
United States
Belle Plaine
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the houses fairly even? I have tried to see whether any houses are not played at all in tournament play, but all of them seem to be represented. I conclude that while some may be easier to play, or more fun to play, they are all pretty even. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the LotR game has errata on the FFG site but I didn't see any for GoT. I'm sure I'm just blind. Could you post a link please?meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
AGoT's erratas, like the other FFG LCGs, are integrated within the latest FAQ: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

As for Ghaston Grey, I doubt FFG will do anything about it again. They will likely, and unfortunately, do something about Quentyn (VM) [again], adding yet another card to the Martell restricted list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I see the FAQ but unlike LotR it doesn't have the actual errata cards, just the text. I guess there's no way to do paste ups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Watson
United States
Belle Plaine
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your contributions. I will not likely play enough to develop the fine edged ability to discern one delicate nuance from another, but I would play enough to learn which houses/decks work better against others. It is good that FFG is monitoring and polishing the system. I think it would very difficult to map out in a design room all the costs and effects for all of the cards in the several houses, trying to keep somewhat close to theme or style of the house, and at the same time make everything "even". It appears to me that the fact this game enjoys substantial tournament play is testament enough as to its quality of design and overall fun factor. Thanks again folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Chis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Robrob wrote:
Yeah, I see the FAQ but unlike LotR it doesn't have the actual errata cards, just the text. I guess there's no way to do paste ups?

Correct. The AGoT FAQ doesn't include pictures of the cards. I'd love if it did, but it would make the FAQ like 20 pages longer, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has to be asked many times, but is there a list of expansions that you need to build reasonable balances 6 house decks with reasonable small card pool.
There seems to be a consensus that you need 2 cores, but what else? Some "minor" houses seems to need some additions to core to work in the same way and 4 "major" houses.
I am allready collecting 3 lcg games, so I can not just buy everything, but I could buy several core and some needed expansions, so that there would be possible to build 6 decks for big multiplayer sessions.
There have been some very good axamples for 4 major houses, but those 2 other, there has been less guideline what you would need to make the playable with other houses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are fairly balanced, and the end of the thread includes houses for Martell and Greyjoy.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
This has to be asked many times, but is there a list of expansions that you need to build reasonable balances 6 house decks with reasonable small card pool.
There seems to be a consensus that you need 2 cores, but what else? Some "minor" houses seems to need some additions to core to work in the same way and 4 "major" houses.
I am allready collecting 3 lcg games, so I can not just buy everything, but I could buy several core and some needed expansions, so that there would be possible to build 6 decks for big multiplayer sessions.
There have been some very good axamples for 4 major houses, but those 2 other, there has been less guideline what you would need to make the playable with other houses.

Like you, I have too many LCG "mouths to feed." I obtained a second core via trade and wound up purchasing the Martel and Greyjoy expansion boxes. That way I had about the same number of cards for each of the six houses. Personally, I don't much care for how FFG released such an asymmetrical core game with only four of the six houses playable but I do understand their motivation re: profit and sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.