Subject: Extra cubes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this happened to anyone else, but I got 3 bonus cubes for all of my factions, except the American Regulars, who had 4 bonus cubes. In other words, I had 38 British Regulars, 48 of each Militia, 13 French, 15 Hessians, 21 Native Americans, etc.

Just curious if this was intentional (it certainly doesn't hurt to have spare parts), or if I just got a batch of "sticky cubes!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexdrazen wrote:
Not sure if this happened to anyone else, but I got 3 bonus cubes for all of my factions, except the American Regulars, who had 4 bonus cubes. In other words, I had 38 British Regulars, 48 of each Militia, 13 French, 15 Hessians, 21 Native Americans, etc.

Just curious if this was intentional (it certainly doesn't hurt to have spare parts), or if I just got a batch of "sticky cubes!"

It is intentional. I've gone through three copies and found the same.

If you are like other owners, you probably have a few bad cubes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the extra cubes as well.

I also got extra copies of the British cards 1-4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you have to remove these from the mix? i.e does the game limit you to a certain amount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say if you don't have 4 cubes (base game) or 3 cubes (Siege of Quebec) that you only get what you have left. So I think you are supposed to use the original count and set the extras aside. Of course the extra cubes could be used with a house rule, e.g., on Turn X, add your faction's/side's extra cubes at Location Y during the Reinforcements phase.

My cubes were fantastic; the only bad cubes I got were in 1812 when I ordered it in January, which were almost a touch moldy or something (I was able to clean them with some wipes), and had one cracked American Regular cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.