Subject: Will the Klingon Bird of Prey have a full firing arc? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sax Carr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering a BoP has fixed forward cannons I suspect this ship will have some sort of straight forward shot and not even a full wide arc... but back it up with amazing maneuverability and cloak skills. Probably have the highest agility of a cloaked ship to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Steiner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Actually I remember seeing in the movies that the guns at the wing tips were on an axis and could swivel to some extent. So a 90 degree forward wouldn't be un heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, if you think about how ships move and the fact that Outer Space isn't to scale (think of the distance between DS9 and the Wormhole, but on the table it's only like 24 inches... think of how small the ships would have to be for it to be to scale). Also, keep in mind that even though you only fire after movement, all the movement in theory is simultaneous and continuous. So there's really no justification for any ship having less than a 90 degree firing arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be shocked to see the BoP have a 4 for Primary Weapons, and 2 Evasion Dice. But, I would be beyond shocked if it didn't have the 90 degree firing arc. I could also see it having something like a 3 Come About (loop de loop). This will be the Klingon agile ship. But, it will probably have another glass jaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Litorco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
90 Degrees, like everything else Klingon.

I got an exclusive preview pack from Wiz Kids including the B'Rel Class (Bird of Prey) ship that will be the prize for next month (check out the video section where I put the preview).

The manovers are standard: 1-4 Straight (green or white), 1-3 Banks & Turns (green or white) and 3 Come about (red).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Progressive Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ThatTeriGirl wrote:
90 Degrees, like everything else Klingon.

I got an exclusive preview pack from Wiz Kids including the B'Rel Class (Bird of Prey) ship that will be the prize for next month (check out the video section where I put the preview).

The manovers are standard: 1-4 Straight (green or white), 1-3 Banks & Turns (green or white) and 3 Come about (red).

I watched the video and have to say thanks for sharing. Hope to see the other months as they come out. Also, the tip you gave on clamping your hands together as you painted the Enterprise-D has helped a lot.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.