Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the hunters know which ghost player has which color ghost? Does the ghost player have to play alternating colors on alternating turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlallatin wrote:
Do the hunters know which ghost player has which color ghost? Does the ghost player have to play alternating colors on alternating turns?

The rules imply that the ghost hunters should not know which player is controlling which coloured ghost. The rulebook doesn't outright state this, but it is suggested by the following passage:

Page 6. "When a ghost is revealed, it is a good idea for the ghost masters not to say who controls it, because if a ghost master loses both ghosts he can no longer devastate rooms."

This makes it a little trickier for the ghost hunters, and a little easier for the ghosts to achieve their target of £45,000 damage.

I'm not really sure I understand what the bit in italics actually is getting at. I don't really see that it would make a big difference if a ghost master (the ghost player) said "Oh no! you've just caught one of my ghosts!". The hunters still don't know what other ghost that player is controlling.

The only reason for the statement that I can see is: if the ghost master doesn't reveal when one of their ghosts is killed, the ghost hunters will have a harder time re-tracing the previous room-destructions (and which player caused them) hence working out where other ghosts may be lurking.

However, if the players knew which colour ghosts each player was controlling from the beginning, the italicised statement would be meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam78 wrote:
I'm not really sure I understand what the bit in italics actually is getting at. I don't really see that it would make a big difference if a ghost master (the ghost player) said "Oh no! you've just caught one of my ghosts!". The hunters still don't know what other ghost that player is controlling.

If the hunters know that a ghost master only has one ghost left, they will know that each destruction comes from the same room; if the hunters do not know which of the two ghost masters still has two ghosts, they need to assume that the destruction can come from two distinct rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.