Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to put this game on the table for the first time soon an as I was seperating out all the components I was puzzled as to how to go about this. The tiny cards already give my ham hands a hard time but trying to shuffle that many of them seems a daunting task. How do people around here handle them?

Thanks

Joshua

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pile shuffle, always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium always takes a while to set up. Find the player who has the least experience in setting up the game and then ask them to pile shuffle the card decks while you (and more experienced players) set up the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:
Twilight Imperium always takes a while to set up. Find the player who has the least experience in setting up the game and then ask them to pile shuffle the card decks while you (and more experienced players) set up the rest of the game.

This will be the first game for everyone playing and I may be the only one that will have read the instructions. I'm hosting though and will have as much of it set up before people arrive as I can.

By "pile shuffle" do you mean just spread them out on the table and mix them up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
Like-a so:

Shuffling Enormous Stacks of Teeny Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

Strangely enough I had already seen that post from you as I had already thumbed it. Though I do not remember doing so. I'm glad to have crossed your path once again, however, as the knowledge will be put to use this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Pile shuffle wat. Barbarians and philistines. surprise

Regular shuffle of smaller sections then randomly grab cards from middle here (using one of the original cardbord card half-boxes to hold them with political cards perpendicular. Neither sleeved, would be hell to storage and they see little enough handling to go without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
HiveGod wrote:

Just don't rotate the vertical ones down; extract them as a separate stack. You're going to need separate stacks of ACs at the table anyway, and this is another way to reduce clumping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Neither sleeved, would be hell to storage and they see little enough handling to go without.

I sleeved my cards several years ago, and while they weren't worn out by any means, they were already showing minor wear, even after only a few dozen plays - we go through Action Cards a lot, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
Weltenreiter wrote:
Neither sleeved, would be hell to storage and they see little enough handling to go without.

I sleeved my cards several years ago, and while they weren't worn out by any means, they were already showing minor wear, even after only a few dozen plays - we go through Action Cards a lot, I guess.

How you store them? Currently, the small cardboard card-half-box from one of the expansions (put whole thing in bag, but thing under the flap of a reverse expansion inlay in original box) holds all of both action and political, no chance of that sleeved.
Could go with sideloader magic deckboxes I guess, those are a staple for Runewars and Descent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them in a plastic baggie. I think the bag I use for Action Cards is a sandwich-sized bag, but it may be a different one, I can't remember. I'll check

I got rid of the insert long ago, unfortunately. My box is jam-packed with both expansions in it now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh....

Let me share my way of shuffling...

Ya see i usually put all the cards in one large stack. They are sleeved!!!!

I will then call over a friend and slap a $5 on the table and bet they cant pick up the whole stack between two fingers.arrrh

Inevitably they take the bait and pickup the stack and eventually shoot the whole damn thing over the floor.. by that time they are well shuffled.

too easy, works every time.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick them in a box lid (the ones for either of the expansions are about the right size). Mix well and stack them back up.

My group of friends has always called this the 'Talisman Shuffle' as it was the first game we encountered where this sort of shuffling was necessary (way back in the eighties).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw AC's into drier, set to "Maximum Insanity Spin", turn on.

Shuffled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Grider
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I split it up into 3 or 4 stacks. Then riffle shuffle each individual stack (usually by assigning 2 or 3 others to help me). Then we just side shuffle the individual packs back together into one large pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.