Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm playing in a month 1 OP event, and will need to purchase one expansion which must be used in my fleet.

I've bought the following:
2 Core
1 of every expansion
Plus, 1 extra Valdore, 2 extra G'Roth, and 1 extra Gor Portas.

so, my next dupe will come from:
TOS Enterprise, Reliant, Kraxon, Apnex, Neg'Vhar

What would you choose to incorporate into a fleet, and why? Plus, fluff out the fleet to 100 pts. If not one of the above, it needs to make a great fleet.

(Note: I'm thinking Kraxon, with both Breen ships with Energy Dissapators, 1 with the good Captain and Photons, both with Aides.)

Note 2: I play faction pure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play pure faction here too. I plan to eventually get 2 of everything, but for now the Gor Portas, Kraxon and Valdore were my first dupes.

Hit submit before answering the question.

It really depends on your play style. A spare Valdore or Kraxon are a lot of fun to play. 2 Kraxon (1 Kraxon, 1 Galor) and a Gor Portas make a fun team, though they lack a lot of maneuverability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be first in line to buy the Defiant and a second Defiant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By a couple more Gr'oth so you can run the 5-ship D7 swarm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really did like running a Kraxon, Galor, Gor Portas list at the first OP. Two of those ships running in parallel with the 180 arc can lay down a lot of damage. Putting the anti-proton scan on the generic Galor helps spread out your damage since it'll be less of a target.

I'm kind of stumped what my third dupe will be as well, since I've got two Galors and two Valdores. I guess another Negh'var would be possible, but not too keen on the Klingons and I've seen a lot of them in my opponents' fleets, and the upgrades in a science vessel don't transfer well. Same with the Feds, since it's unique crew and I don't really see two Mirandas doing a lot. If it weren't so much money I might consider trying to buy in with a second core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my Federation fleet I have two Mirandas and two Constitutions. I think everything after this will be 1 ship apiece, unless the Constellation Crusiers turn out to be attractive and cheap.

I feel like passing on much of the TNG stuff myself (I'm a TOS/TMP fan), but I plan to get 3x Kronus Ones to have K'Tingas, and convert them to run as an Amar battle group from the first movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the lists that I've put together so far:

2x Negh'Var with a D7 - Martok and Gowron in the generic Negh'Vars with a Projected Stasis Field and a Generic on the D7. Idea is that you either focus fire with all three with Gowron's attack boost against cloaked ships, or you target the opponent's big gun with Statis Field, and drop the ship with the Negh'Vars.

2x Valdores with a D'Derix support - One generic and one named Valdore class, with Donatra in a D'Derix class for support, beef up the named Valdore for a bunch of attack and focus fire them down.

Enterprise D with 2x Mirandas - Picard, Spock, Sulu, and Chekov in the Enterprise D running mid-range attack, Riker with Photon Torpedoes running in the USS Reliant, and Terell and Kyle in the Generic Miranda to provide pot shots and defensive support for either of the other ships if they get too injured. Idea is to run Riker right into the enemy's face, starting with a Photon Torpedo volley, then following into a 4 attack range 1 with Riker's Counter Attack activated before peeling off and seeing Terrell and Kyle for repairs, while the Enterprise provides long-range support and blocks access to the other two ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.