9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chummed Data raven and Jack Out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
Ok, lets say Runner encounters chum and doesnt break, Data raven afterwards and jacks Out, Runner gets damage right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra1d wrote:
Ok, lets say Runner encounters chum and doesnt break, Data raven afterwards and jacks Out, Runner gets damage right?

Yup. The data raven was encountered and the subroutines were not broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choosing to end the run when encountering Data Raven is not jacking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure on the question. Was Data Raven encountered or did the runner jack out after Chum? Jacking out as you Approach Data Raven means you wouldn't suffer any damage. If Data Raven was encountered, you'd suffer the damage unless you chose to take the Tag and then broke the subroutine on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
You decided to jack out, so you did not break the Data Raven subroutine. +3 Net Damage to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
Was encountered and decided to not Take the Tag, so chum fires!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alao Brightflower
United States
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
Choosing to end the run when encountering Data Raven is not jacking out.

While you are right Andy Mills, the Chum will still do damage if Data Raven is encountered because the ETR happens as part of encountering Data Raven. In effect, Chum forces a Runner to break Data Raven and take the tag or suffer the damage and an ETR. If a Runner chooses to not take the tag, he hasn't broken the subroutine on Data Raven and Chum activates Which is a pretty effective combo in certain circumstances.

Not trying to single you out, just using your post as a spring board to expand and explain how the Chum-Data Raven interaction works for the OP. The difference between ETR and jacking out are definitely important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not break the Chum subroutine, then jack out after Chum, before encountering Data Raven, then you do not get hit by the Chum damage, because Data Raven was not encountered.

If you do not break the Chum subroutine, then encounter Data Raven and decide to end the run instead of taking the tag, then you get hit by the Chum damage, because Data Raven was encountered and its subroutine wasn't broken.

If you do not break the Chum subroutine, then encounter Data Raven, take the tag, but do not break the Data Raven subroutine, then you get hit by the Chum damage, because Data Raven was encountered and its subroutine wasn't broken.

If you do not break the Chum subroutine, then encounter Data Raven, take the tag and break the Data Raven subroutine, then you do not get hit by the Chum damage, because Data Raven was encountered and its subroutine was broken.

Hope this takes care of every possible scenario in your question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.