13 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jackson Howard trashed while being uprotected Dirty Laundried rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
What Happens with the three creds? Server is trashed After JH is trashed during the run...is the run successful? Is there Offizial rulings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The official ruling is that if a server ceases to exist mid-run, such as it does in this case, the run is neither successful nor unsuccessful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
The official ruling is that if a server ceases to exist mid-run, such as it does in this case, the run is neither successful nor unsuccessful.

Good to know, I had this happen last night on OCTGN, has this made it to an FAQ that I can reference?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
heyvince wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Good to know, I had this happen last night on OCTGN, has this made it to an FAQ that I can reference?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's in the FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
Oooh, anti-Laundry tech!

Now if only I could figure out how to make my Archives temporarily cease to exist. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
Oooh, anti-Laundry tech!

Now if only I could figure out how to make my Archives temporarily cease to exist. ninja

Man, that would take some serious reworking of the rules, or playing against someone that doesn't understand the concept of Central servers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Thanks.

One point of clarification, though, is that this would only occur if the corp *activated* Jackson Howard's paid ability to shuffle cards into R&D before the run was declared successful. If the runner accesses Jackson Howard and trashes him, then the run has completed normally and is successful. I can't see any situation where the corp *wouldn't* activate Jackson Howard when the runner is coming after him, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
heyvince wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Thanks.

One point of clarification, though, is that this would only occur if the corp *activated* Jackson Howard's paid ability to shuffle cards into R&D before the run was declared successful. If the runner accesses Jackson Howard and trashes him, then the run has completed normally and is successful. I can't see any situation where the corp *wouldn't* activate Jackson Howard when the runner is coming after him, but still...

Sure there is. If there aren't any cards in Archives he wants to bring back, he can just let the runner pay to trash Jackson, and then hope to bring him back into R&D with another Jackson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
nom_ wrote:
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
heyvince wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Thanks.

Sure there is. If there aren't any cards in Archives he wants to bring back, he can just let the runner pay to trash Jackson, and then hope to bring him back into R&D with another Jackson.

"Try to get him back with another Jackson" isn't worth giving the runner a net of two credits, at least not absent some very strange circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
U cant trash him to bring back another if u Used another copy to bring back Otter cards....only trashed by the Runner JHs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(emphasis mine)
Ra1d wrote:
U cant trash him to bring back another if u Used another copy to bring back Otter cards....only trashed by the Runner JHs...
And that's exactly the situation being discussed:

Corp has JH1 installed in a server.
Runner runs that server.
Corp does not activate JH1, instead allows Runner to trash it. JH1 now in Archives.
later...
Corp has JH2 installed in a server. Corp activates JH2's paid ability, removing JH2 from the game and returning JH1 to R&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
That Would be legitime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.