Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well with the arrival I have completely outgrown my shield bag. It is easy to do when you buy 100 point squads of each ship. So to allow for future expansion I have ordered a Battle Foam P.A.C.K. 720. This allows for 12 inches of foam inside. Now I do not need 12 inches of foam yet as my wave three designs only take me to 8 inches for now. However I had them toss in an additional 3 inch pick and pluck I will put my Star Wars LCG in for now so I have my all in one, ready to go to Minnesota for worlds bag.
Here is the wave 1 tray. Obviously holding all the wave one ships and cutouts for movement templates and dice and damage decks.the other 4x5.5 holds 6 of my favorite little boxes I get from Harbor freight for my game tokens I need to play with. One extra x wing slot for the alternate that is coming with the Rebel Transport. 1.5 inch tray allows me to easily double y wings to get all 5 in 3 slots.

Here is the wave 2 tray. Holds just wave two ships no extra cutouts because damn those YT and Slaves take some space. Also notice the 9 interceptor slots (Darth you dumb ass 5 interceptors are a 100 point squad). Yes I know but Imperial aces is coming and guess what? It takes 4 crimson guard ties for 100 points so there is 4 more interceptors going in the box. Plus come on they have bloodstripes. Now my Imperial Elite squad (Darth, Soontir, and Turr) can fly the proper colors. I am a geek with disposable income, sue me.

Here is the wave 3 tray. Obviously room for all wave 3 ships. Yes I know 6 HWK make 100 points but lets face it 5 on the board at once would be weak enough. 3x3 squares are for large bases and pilot tiles. 4x4 is for random stuff like asteroids and mission chits.

Speaking of movement dials and bases you may notice I did not put any on these trays. For now I am doing a 2inch pluck foam for those. The amazing ladder for bases can be plucked right out and I will do boxes for the dials as they stand nicely in 2 inch foam. Pilot and upgrade cards are in binders. Pilot tiles will also go in the 2 inch pluck foam. Now I have room for wave 4 and as my collection grows I can add pack plus or go to a bigger bag. No more redoing everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I know what you mean, I have filled all my battlefoam slots too... (except for a fourth TIE Advanced). Don't you need room for another 1 or 2 Y wings to make a complete Y wing squad for 100 points?

Also, there is a strong possibility of a Rebel Aces pack in the near future (fingers crossed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Thisson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
With all of those ships maybe it's time to start playing 200+ point games?

How else would you be fielding 4 Lambdas or 6 tie bombers or multiple HWKs?

Thanks for sharing your pictures - your setup is cool. What boxes do you use for the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DB Draft wrote:
I know what you mean, I have filled all my battlefoam slots too... (except for a fourth TIE Advanced). Don't you need room for another 1 or 2 Y wings to make a complete Y wing squad for 100 points?

Also, there is a strong possibility of a Rebel Aces pack in the near future (fingers crossed).

in 1.5 inch foam you can easily get 2 y wings in one slot. I cut a small foam spacer and double them up. You can actually double y wings in 1 inch foam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thisson wrote:
With all of those ships maybe it's time to start playing 200+ point games?

How else would you be fielding 4 Lambdas or 6 tie bombers or multiple HWKs?

Thanks for sharing your pictures - your setup is cool. What boxes do you use for the tokens?

I have actually done as large as a 800 point game. 400 on each side. Its a blast.

you can field all those ships with lowest pilot and no upgrades for 100 points. I know its stupid but sometimes just dropping 6 bombers down for the "WTF" factor is fun.

I use these little boxes from HF http://www.harborfreight.com/24-container-storage-box-90243....
One little box will hold 9 pilot tiles perfect in each one. They also are great for a games worth of stress, focus, and so forth. I just pull out a box of each token and place them on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swedge Swedge
msg tools
I have a shield bag and purchased 100 point squad an have plenty of space for even wave 4?? however i did triple stack my Ys, double stacked my A's etc etc.. just followed all the advice on various post about what can be done, then i actually measured my ships and made a few tweaks. The only thing i messed up on was card storage in the bag.. total waste of good space, i now store them in a binder, much easier access too..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Swedge66 wrote:
I have a shield bag and purchased 100 point squad an have plenty of space for even wave 4?? however i did triple stack my Ys, double stacked my A's etc etc.. just followed all the advice on various post about what can be done, then i actually measured my ships and made a few tweaks. The only thing i messed up on was card storage in the bag.. total waste of good space, i now store them in a binder, much easier access too..

I would be curious to see your foam layout. I don't mind stacking ships a bit. I too keep all my cards in binders as they are big space savers. I did insist on cutout for the ships. I know alot of people have just stacked tie fighters in rectangle trays. I don't want them rubbing when I travel on planes and such. I figure I spent alot of money on these mini's I don't mind spending a few dollars more to have a bit of protection for them. Also keep in mind this new layout I have already slotted for imperial aces and the x wing that comes with the capital ship. Plus I have 4 inches of space left in here so ready for wave 4 and 5 if I do a tray each. For now it will fit my binders and the 3 inch tray I am putting my Star Wars LCG into. Then just zip a pack plus to the bottom for 6 more inches of space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swedge Swedge
msg tools
with this lay out i had one 2" tray of pluck foam that i used for my Tie Bombers and shuttles. and I have a 1.5" tray that is now empty because i moved my cards to a binder. Ys are triple stacked, As are double stacked, Xs are in the 3 center cubes stacked two per box vertically, made a small cut out in backing foam so engines sit down a bit The 6 rectangles hold my B wings. The two big squares hold my flight stands, and the circles hold the movement dials. Next tray Tie advanced and interceptors are double stacked. ties are arranged in the two rectangles 6 in the longer one and two in the shorter rectangle at the opposite side. The big squares hold my stands. 3rd tray The rectangles above the Falcons Hold my HWKs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.