7 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » General

Subject: [thing=15062]Shadows Over Camelot[/thing] fail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note... When you know the the next black card coming up is going to cause you to lose the game because the previous player had a coughing fit when you reach for it... What do you do? Drop the 11th catapult. That is what you do, except when the undiscovered traitor who plays after you drops the 12th catapult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
sandsalamander wrote:
Just a note... When you know the the next black card coming up is going to cause you to lose the game because the previous player had a coughing fit when you reach for it... What do you do? Drop the 11th catapult. That is what you do, except when the undiscovered traitor who plays after you drops the 12th catapult. :(

Well played by the traitor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
May the Holy Grail protect me from these evil deeds!
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
sandsalamander wrote:
Just a note... When you know the the next black card coming up is going to cause you to lose the game because the previous player had a coughing fit when you reach for it... What do you do? Drop the 11th catapult. That is what you do, except when the undiscovered traitor who plays after you drops the 12th catapult.

Well played by the traitor!

Hear hear! it is obvious that your round table is attended by feeble knights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, not much you can do against that!

I suppose you could sacrifice a Life Point rather than put the 11th catapult down, even if it means dying - obviously it would depend on your future usefulness to the team (which Quest you're on, your hand, your relics, is the Grail available). The 11th catapult means you could lose to a Black card at any time, or the unrevealed Traitor can play the last one as happened in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to die if I spent a life point and was about to get the grail. I gambled that the next player was not the traitor and lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the great things about the game. It can be so intense. The game is often at its best when there are 9, 10, or 11 seige engines (catapults) on the board. If there is a traitor in the mix, it is definitely hard to achieve victory with 11 on the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandsalamander wrote:

So...you were going to lose either way then?
That happens.
Traitor or not, it doesn't seem like the game would have lasted much longer anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.