Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah well, I heard that lying-liar Ted Cruz saying the ACA would average out across America as a $7500 increase for a family of four. BS! Jesus H Obama told us clearly it was going to drop the cost by $2500 and we all know Jesus don't tell no fibs. And I'm positive there's jobs and $2 gas and free cell phones out there also... just waiting for us to find them.

It's a treasure hunt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Discredited some time ago:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/06/11/fox-uses-flawed-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even a cursory overview of the research that that chart is pulled from(as opposed to the twitterific ADD article you linked to) shows a lot more detailed info and that chart is way too vague to be useful. It says individual health plans. Is it speaking of no-group plans then? IE ones not provided by an employer that earn group rates? If so, then who exactly is it speaking about? Is it speaking about individuals well off enough to purchase health care for themselves on an individual basis, because I would love to have enough money to have the problem of worrying about a cost increase in that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:

Media Matters BS

Discredited some time ago:

Wikipedia

No really dude, when Wikipedia discredits you and calls you biased you're pretty much a butt-boy for Soros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Rondeau-Côté
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome in the modern world america. You are paying the pizzo like everyone else. whistle. Seriously, has someone point out in an other thread; the western people are facing the challenge of the constant increasing average of death and the cash you own after the retirement. You are giving a chance to your pappy or you aren't . This is the deal.

But 80% increasing i mean, wow, do you have any documentation about why it is so costly ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Even a cursory overview of the research that that chart is pulled from(as opposed to the twitterific ADD article you linked to) shows a lot more detailed info and that chart is way too vague to be useful. It says individual health plans. Is it speaking of no-group plans then? IE ones not provided by an employer that earn group rates? If so, then who exactly is it speaking about? Is it speaking about individuals well off enough to purchase health care for themselves on an individual basis, because I would love to have enough money to have the problem of worrying about a cost increase in that.

I was purchasing health insurance on my own for years while making between $50-$65K/year for my family of 5. You don't have to be wealthy to do it.

Who said wealthy? I said well off enough to afford it.

and depending on the year 65K could have been damn good money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I sure hope that graph is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cost of Future Newly Insured"?

I guess if you insist on having individual health coverage, rates will probably rise. Of course the coverage will be better.

The alternative will be cheaper rates on the exchanges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
rshipley wrote:
"Cost of Future Newly Insured"?

I guess if you insist on having individual health coverage, rates will probably rise. Of course the coverage will be better.

The alternative will be cheaper rates on the exchanges.

Wait, so my health care costs aren't going down 14%? Does that mean the rest of the chart is misleading BS, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
My rates have increased by more than that the last several years, anywhere from 15-30% (for at least the last 5-7 years).

OMG Obamacare went back in time to raise rates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be picky, but the thread title is not correct, the map is a prediction.

It should be (even assuming the figures are correct) "we will be number 1!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:

Media Matters? Yes, they were discredited some time ago.

Were the sources that article cites also discredited?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bj must be in a creative bind. Instead of making the whole chart up, he just stole it from someone who did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
And once again, /this/ meme started to get posted by my more conservative friends/relatives on Facebook today. They're definitely behind the times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.