Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an encounter gives you the opportunity to move to a new location and there's a clue token at that location, do you not get to pick it up since it's not "Movement Phase" movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sound correct, i.e. may not pick up the clue token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Covered in the Complete Arkham FAQ, page 4:

Quote:
Q: When does an investigator pick up Clue tokens on the
board?

A: Investigators pick up Clue tokens in only two cases:

1. During the Movement Phase, if an investigator ends his movement in an Arkham location or street area containing Clue tokens, he picks them up after evading or combating any monsters in the same location or area. Investigators cannot pick up Clue tokens from a location or street area and then continue moving.

2. During the Mythos Phase, when a Clue token is placed in the same location as one or more investigators, one of them may immediately pick it up. If they cannot agree who gets the Clue token, the first player decides.

Note that investigators do not pick up any Clue tokens when they are sent to a location with a Clue token during the Upkeep Phase, the Arkham Encounters Phase, or the Other World Encounters Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thank you. I did not have that FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, I know of quite a few players who permit obtaining Clue tokens at any yime, such as the example presented by the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
However, I know of quite a few players who permit obtaining Clue tokens at any yime, such as the example presented by the OP
I take a midway station: you can pick up Clues at the end of any phase. This prevents drive-by Clue raids and eliminates the issue that happens when one Encounter moves you to another Location to have another Encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
The Professor wrote:
I take a midway station: you can pick up Clues at the end of any phase. This prevents drive-by Clue raids and eliminates the issue that happens when one Encounter moves you to another Location to have another Encounter.

I like this option. That seems to make sense to me (the game is hard enough... LOL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
The Professor wrote:

I like this option. That seems to make sense to me (the game is hard enough... LOL).
Well there was a period when we thought this would be officially sanctioned in the FAQ v2. Turned out not. So House Rule it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.