Subject: Mind Controlled Villain KOed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X's Mind Control says you may take a villain into your deck and use it as a hero, then in parentheses says that you still get the VP. I happened to be forced to KO my mind controlled Villain (silly earthquake generator) and our whole group was a little wary. Do I actually KO the villain and lose the VP, or does it get "KOed" to my victory pile so that I can still get the VP as Mind Control tells me to.

I ended up KOing it outright and forfeiting the VP...I'm pretty sure that's the right call...but just thought I'd throw it out to the community since there's that little glimmer of hope from the parenthetical statement in Prof. X's card. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KO always means put into the KO pile in the middle of the board and remove it from the game. So it wouldn't count as a victory point when it's KO'd. (Just like when Ghost Rider KOs cards from his victory pile they no longer give him victory points.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
KO always means put into the KO pile in the middle of the board and remove it from the game. So it wouldn't count as a victory point when it's KO'd. (Just like when Ghost Rider KOs cards from his victory pile they no longer give him victory points.)

dugman is absolutely correct. His parenthetical is just to remind players to count villains in their deck at the end of the game.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, y'all. I agree. Just thought I would clear it up so that my crew knows for next time. Hated losing those 3 VPs hahaha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.