Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm going to catch flak for this from certain circles, but that's ok because I'm probably not going to revisit this thread for awhile.

So I'm hastily plowing through back episodes of a certain TV show that is wrapping up its award-winning run. I'm halfway through the third season, and it is awesome. But I feel like most of the news aggregators that I use have gotten crowded with articles about this show. Of course, I don't click on these, since I'm not caught up yet, any more than I would click on the Warning! Spoilers! thread about that same show here in Chit Chat.

And this is what pisses me off: it is possible to write a provocative headline for your piece without making the headline itself the spoiler. It's like glancing at the top of the fold in USA Today and seeing (Harry Potter spoiler ahead)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Snape kills Dumbledore--what now???

So, to sum, fuck you, The Awl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Alright, I finally gave in and decided that this was worth saying.

There is one episode left. The event mentioned (I shall not say it in case others are looking) is not known if it happens or not yet. And seriously, I couldn't imagine there being any episodes after that happened anyway.

The article is about a spoiler blocker that hides posts in your twitter feed or in netflix or something. Frankly, I thought the title was crappy enough that I didnt' read it carefully. I don't think it has spoiled anything for you (other than knowing that this event doesn't happen in any of the episodes preceding the final episode and we don't know if it does in the final one yet of course), but the idea that it seemed like it was is awful.

So yeah. Fuck that site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The exact reason why I watch each new episode when it first airs no matter how drunk I am.

Most folks are good with spoiler alerts these days, but it only takes one asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.