Played another game today, but this time was my first running a full Federation squadron. I was trying to do a TNG focused build so I had the following:
- Enterprise D w/ Picard, Engage, Data and Proton Torpedoes
- Reliant w/ Riker, O'Brien, Worf and Proton Torpedoes
- Constitution w/ generic captain and proton torpedoes
I was playing against a Romulan squad. O'Brien came in handy early but the ships didn't play very well. I forgot about the science vessel's muon token which hit the Reliant for 3 damage. The next round both the Reliant and the constitution class were both destroyed.
I decided to make some swaps. Here's what my revised list looks like.
- Enterprise D, same as above but adding O'Brien
- Miranda class w/ generic captain and anti-proton mines
- constitution class w/ Riker, Worf and photon torpedoes
I moved O'Brien to the Enterprise because the extra action Picard has makes it more likely he can be used. I decided to swap Riker and the other captain's ships because of the higher attack and shields on the constitution ship. The Miranda class's rear arc with the mines is a sort of gamble. If I can get it in place to drop in front of a larger ship I'll consider it successful. Might be worth swapping out for some other crew or upgrades on another ship. I'll have to try it out.