Hide
18 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! 3.0» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Ninja Army !!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dusty crispy
msg tools
All the excitement for the new IOS expansion, finaly got me motivated enough to take my army to the computer screen and share it with the world.

The Kurokage Clan.

The Kurokage clan, has remained hidden all this time, simply because they did not wish to be seen. There reasons for emerging now, are like the clan itself wrapped in mystery. There origins are from Japan, a clan of cybernetic ninjas, attacking from the shadows only to vanishing completely into thin air, leaving behind nothing but a little smoke and a lot of confusion. While members operating close to the HQ manage completely unnoticed. Without being seen the Kurokage clan have manged to extract poison from neojungle, and like the steel police are able to reflect attacks, but they believe that the greatest weapon of all is not the sword, or the shield or even the gun...It is the element of surprise.

PROs- Extremely mobile, fast, hard hitting, able to poison, surprise factor

CONs- No armor, No toughness, only 1 ranged unit, only able to "Distract" enemies not able to remove them from the board.

New Rules
-SHADE- (moon symbol) your tile is blacked out from view of other players. You do this, by simply putting the tile on the board face down. It remains hidden until the start of the next battle, or unless an ability such as net or move becomes activated.

-VANISH-(smoke symbol) a chip that becomes vanished is removed from the board. You may put it on any free space on the board at the beginning of the next battle (HQ can not vanish)

-Distact-(ear symbol) Rotate an enemey piece

-VANISH/REPLACEMENT- The Master Ninja, When coming on to the board has the ablity to go over top of any one of your own pieces, causing it to vanish.

....ok now to fiqure out how to post the image up on here....sorry for the delay, first time posting an image on this site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
wow....umm ok, I got no idea how to do this....I got a PDF file on here ready to give you guys, but no idea how to post it up here.

When i click on insert external image it asks me to enter a URL?

Can't i just link the file somehow....Help anybody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
....went to upload geek image
...choose my file
....it says ERROR file must be an image

BUT IT IS !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the file type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dusty,
I recommend you get a dropbox account and then upload the file there and then you can link it here. BGG won't let you upload files to your user.

https://db.tt/9cMAYPLe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a PDF, why not just upload it to the file section? Then it takes a few days or so to get approved. Unless the file size is too big.

You certainly can't upload a PDF to the image section, you must use the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools

OK testing....does this work???

ended up copying and pasting in paint of all things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like it's working. Here's a neat trick which you can do. Edit your Image ID as follows

"ImageID=1783278large"

As for the faction itself I a little curious how you can say their con is

Quote:
CONs- No armor,

They have 4 Reflection units which is basically Armor+. I mean you even gave 1 guy reflection in 3 directions. How are you suppose to kill him if you put him in the corner?

I'm sorry to say this but I don't see this faction being balanced. A huge part of this game is being able to foresee how a battle will flow but you've created a faction that can hide things like Reflections, Nets, Multi-directional initiative 3 units and initiative 4 units from your opponent. Even all your slow units have been given the extremely strong ability to "vanish"

Every mod you've given them I'd rate as a high tier mod. I'm sorry but you've just given them too much without any real detriments. I cannot seem them being balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Ok, That seems to be working....I appoligize very much to everyone, the for the format of this getting out of whack...

continuing on.

-Piece by piece...from left to right.

HQ- gives shade to all of your tiles beside it.

Medic Mod- 3 directions

Battle- Starts a battle

Distract- Rotate one enemy tile

Move- move one of your tiles

Vanish- Vanish one of your tiles

Mother Mod- 2 directions

Move Mod- All directions

Poison Mod- Gives poison in one direction

Ninja Master- 4 int, 2 melee, reflect, Vanish/ Replace.
(note: you are able to use the ninja Master to make "Vanishing chains" if you use a vanish tile to vanish him...when he comes back...he could then vanish another one of your pieces)

Poison Arrow- 0 int, 1 range, poison

Ninja Reflex- 3 reflect

Blackout- Gives shade to each of every on of your pieces on the board

Vanisher- 1 int, 2 melee, able to vanish himself

Cyber Ninja- 2 int, 1 melee, relfect, move

Slicer- 3 int, 1 melee in 3 directions

Trapper- net, grap (note: can ONLY pull enemies INTO the net)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
-DETAILED RULES-

You can not reflect a reflected attack....So if the Ninja Master was to hit a Judge say, The ninja master would die, not the Judge

You need not bring in you tiles during the next battle, you can save them in the vanish Zone for the next battle

When flipping over tiles from shade make sure to FLIP ON THE AXIS OF SYMMETRY... every piece in the army is symmetrical FOR THIS REASON. You are simply blacked out of enemy view...you don't get a free rotate just for coming out of darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Hey J

Don't be sorry !!

Thats all good points...like I say, its my first time at this thing.

I'm not saying this is perfectly balanced.

I'm saying I finaly got it to a stage I think its playable, to dive into some of the main ideas.

Nothing here is written in stone, And if you guys think it needs toneing down...Then ya, lets do that. Some times it just so hard to make your own army weeker, lol.

Just left me know where, I thank you very much for any advice you can give.

Anyway, Thanks so much for any Ideas you guys can share...good or bad!

note to self: To much reflection and mods are to strong....THANKS J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't take it to heart. Usually when people first post factions they are overpowered. Play them against each of the main factions and see what the scores are. I recommend trying to just give the faction one main benefit (not trying to give them 5 new cool abilities).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Ya nothing taken to hart...I love to get outside opinions...When you make something...you tend to want to make it powerful.. And when you look at someone elses work...Its easy to see where things get out of hand.

So ya by all means tell me where I got carried away!!

The Things I would like to keep are the new ability's.
-SHADE- and -VANISH- and -Distract- are extremely fun to play with with and give the army a very ninja like feel That I love.

But as for the chips themselves they are 100% up for free range on nerfing any/all of them to balance the army out.

Here are some ideas I am already thinking of in order to do that...please add any and all that you guys have and I will update the chips in a week or so when I have time.

OK...Making things not so good...

2 Mother mod => 1 accelerator mod, 1 melee boost mod

Ninja Master => take down to 3 Int, remove reflect

Poison Arrow => Take away Poison !! Add another poison mod- remove a MOVE tile.

Ninja Reflex => Take away middle Reflect

Vanisher => Take away 1 melee

Cyborg Ninja => Take away move

Let me know what you guys think !

Thanks again as always

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Ya I'm thinking you guys are right, reflect is to powerful for this army

I added it cuz I wanted someway to have repeatable damage to the HQ

So I'm thinking of making it this instead

-DODGE- avoid any 0 int attack

Let me know if you guys feel that's still to much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Also Vanish can be more of a high risk high reward thing

Any tile in the vanish zone unable to go on to the board at the start of the next battle ( due to board being to full) must go to the discard pile, never to be seen again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodge would only be useful against certain armies (and certain units in that army), so highly specialized for not a lot of gain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Dodge would only be useful against certain armies (and certain units in that army), so highly specialized for not a lot of gain.

Ummmmm every HQ in the game (at least up to steel police)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

Ummmmm every HQ in the game (at least up to steel police)?

Duhh. Okay, ignore what I said. Dodge is a pretty sweet ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.