Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb

(The image is after the conclusion of the game before we scored points)

In addition to the 8 normal card sets the lady of randomizer provided us with the Steel Bridge, Dump Site, Signaling Area, Conductor's Station, Garage, Ironworks, Switchback and the Amusement Park.

The key cards would be:

The Steel Bridge allows you to build over the river hexes without incurring the additional cost of building on a river space.

The Dump Site means that you do not gain any waste cards for the remainder of the turn that it is played. Super awesome card that lets you build rail, stations, and purchase victory point cards without getting your deck bogged down with waste cards.

The signaling area allows you to draw 2 cards.

The conductors Station allows you to discard and draw up to the number of cards discarded.

Our railroad battle ground would be Tokyo. (Don't worry there were no monster here trying to be king.)

The game started off slow as my wife (red) and I (green) spend the first 5 turns or so building up our decks with better trains (more money to spend for upgrades) as well as the Signaling Area cards. That pile was depleted rather quickly. The next piles to go were the Conductors stations.

My wife opted to start building rails on the board and upgrading the city spaces with stations. She added a bunch of waste cards by doing this. She also had taken the time to stock up on the conductors station cards as well as any victory point cards when she could. With the conductor cards coupled with the signaling areas she was able to cycle her deck quite effectively even with all the waste and VP cards.

I spent the mid part of the game raking in the dump sites, steel bridges, and stations cards. I managed to get my deck to cycle quite well with fairly large hand sizes and able to play 2 or 3 rail cards and put down 2 or 3 stations on the city spaces without adding any waste cards into my deck. I did quite well at getting things down on the board.

In the final counts though my wife proved victorious because she managed to incorporate a fist full of VP cards (all those 1's and 2's really add up). She won by score of 54 to my final score of 44.

Looks like a deck full of waste and victory points out performed board placement combined with a waste free deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.