Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
After two plays, here are a few questions I have from the otherwise pretty clear and easy to comprehend rules:

1 One crewmember holds a sleeping life stage 3 Intruder in a cage. The player would like to move the cage during Phase 3 Crew Movement. It requires two crewmembers to carry it. During the Crew Movement Phase, I believe a second crewmember is required to spend 1 MP to assist the other in picking up the cage. Once they expend 2 MP to move, one crewmember has expended all available MP and the one originally holding the cage still has 1 MP to spare. Is this correct?

Ran into a situation where I thought 1 crewmember didn't have enough MP to leave the freezer while the other could leave. This exposed the crew to the chance that the sleeping Very Strong Intruder would wake before it could be frozen in the 2nd Interaction Phase.

2 The text for the sleep dart pistol states:

If successfully used, the intruder falls asleep and will remain asleep for one complete turn (until the beginning of the next crew action segment)

Will the Intruder sleep from the Crew Segment of the First Action Sequence to the Crew Segment of the First Action Sequence of the subsequent turn? Or will the Intruder wake up at the beginning of the next Crew Action Segment within the very next Interaction Phase?

I read the italicized portion above in parentheses as conflicting with the italicized text not in parentheses. Any guidance?

I believe the Intruder will wake up one complete turn (1st Interaction to 1st Interaction or 2nd Interaction to 2nd Interaction). This will give the crewmembers time to attempt to sedate a Very Strong intruder with sleep darts before it wakes again on its way to the freezer.

3 Follow up from the same Sleep Dart paragraph as above:

If the intruder is in a cage when it wakes up and is Very Strong, then it breaks out of the cage before the crew can react.

The intruder will wake up before the beginning of the next crew action segment. Does it truly wake up and break the cage at the beginning of the Crew Action Segment, not giving itself an opportunity to attack? Or does it wake up before the Crew Action Segment as stated and also in time to utilize the Intruder Action Segment? Because the rules say the intruder wakes up before the crew can react, I believe my interpretation highlighted in yellow is correct.

4 If a Very Strong intruder breaks out of a cage, is the cage broken and unusable for the remainder of the game? Or can it be used again?

5 If a sleep dart gun or improvised weapon is used in self defense against an attacking carnivorous lab animal, what die results will result in a kill, sleep effect, or no effect? Should I use the CRT for crewmember attacks/self defense against the intruder for this type of combat against carnivorous lab animals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, that is correct. You could also say that since the stage 3 intruder can't be moved by the one crewman alone, he would have to spend an MP to pick it up again after caging the intruder.

2) Looks like I missed the official errata from the original game. Should be:
If a Sleep Dart Pistol is successfully used, the Intruder falls asleep and will remain asleep for one complete turn (until the beginning of the next corresponding Interaction Step).
So, you're right.

3) Which answers this question too. The intruder awakes at the beginning of the step, and does get to attack.

4) You can reuse the cage.

5) Yes, use the CRT as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.