Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question, can they be recharged?

I assume that they can with no test but want to be sure.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think they cannot be recharged at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK it means that they cannot be recharged at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Page 15 of the rules.

Quote:
Recharge: This explains the circumstances under which you may recharge the card

So unless there is something else telling you otherwise, NONE means you do not get a free recharge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recharge None means that while most of the cards of that type can be recharged if they're discarded for a card's ability, these specific cards cannot be recharged if you use the card's discard ability unless something says otherwise. They don't have a 'recharge me if you discard me' passage by default like most of the others of that type.

The cards can still be recharged if used as payment for other abilities unrelated to the card, such as recharging them because a Bandit makes you recharge a card or because a character ability says to recharge a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played the game tonight and had to look this forum up again. My comment above was completely wrong!

"Recharge: None" means that there is no CHECK to recharge this card. However, you can only recharge cards that say they can be recharged as part of their power.

The card text usually says something like "Recharge this card to ...", in which case you get a free recharge if it says "Recharge: None" or have to pass a check to recharge it if it says "Recharge: Pass an Xyz 8 check".

E.g. Wand of minor healing says something like "Recharge this card to recharge one random card from your discard pile" and "Recharge: None"

This means that you get a free (automatic) recharge of this card when you use its power.

Compare this to a card like "Blast stone" which says something like "Banish this card to add 1d4 to a combat check at your location" and "Recharge: None".

Since there was no 'recharge' wording in the Blast Stone card power it is not possible to recharge this card when you use it. You just banish it and get +1d4.

As a final note, whenever a character power or other game effect (anything except a power printed on the card itself) tells you to "recharge", "discard", "banish" or do anything else to that card then you treat the card as blank. So...

- if a game effect says "recharge a card" (e.g. Harsk's character power) then you don't have to pass any check written on the card. You just auto-recharge it.

- if you take damage and choose to discard a card that has a recharge power on it you do NOT get a chance to recharge it

- if a game effect says to discard/banish a card that has a recharge power on it you do NOT get a chance to recharge it

I hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.