6 Posts

Robot Turtles» Forums » General

Subject: Anything new? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard about this game and wanted to check it out, but to me it looks kinda meh. I was hoping someone could tell me why it is so great.

It looks just like another ripoff of robo rally to me. I had really hoped the "programming" would be something more similar to programming. This is fun and all, but it is not something we have not seen 100 times before, right?

I get that it is meant for kids with the cute graphics, which is all fine, but does this game have anything new/different to offer other than that?

I don't mean to sound overly critical. The thing is, I actually want to like it, I am not sure if I am missing something.

Thanks, and sorry for being a douche

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have kids? If not, it isn't for you, full-stop. My four-year old is quite excited about it. I can't imagine it being fun for anyone over seven or so. It's very simplistic. But cute. And things that appeal to young 'uns are a whole different critter (Barney, Elmo, Umi Zoomis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
Do you have kids? If not, it isn't for you, full-stop. My four-year old is quite excited about it. I can't imagine it being fun for anyone over seven or so. It's very simplistic. But cute. And things that appeal to young 'uns are a whole different critter (Barney, Elmo, Umi Zoomis).

Agreed. The tacked on gallapagos rules will help extend playability a bit, but the main reason I'm getting it is it's yet another game I can play with my kids instead of Candyland or Chutes and Ladders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
silverbowen wrote:

Agreed. The tacked on gallapagos rules will help extend playability a bit, but the main reason I'm getting it is it's yet another game I can play with my kids instead of Candyland or Chutes and Ladders.

I haven't looked at the Galapagos rules yet, but I'm fairly certain I'd rather play Pirate Dice or Roborally.
But it took my son all of two minutes looking at the KS page and asking questions to decide that Beep was his favorite turtle. This was also the first thing he had to say to mommy when she got home. Backing this was an easy choice, no?

BTW, get them kiddos playing King of Tokyo and Dungeon ASAP. Kids love rolling dice. And Castle Panic is a great co-op for kids. Also, you might look into Smash Monster Rampage, currently up on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Renshaw
msg tools
I was wondering this same exact thing. I don't have kids but I have an 8 year old brother who usually just gets to watch as the big kids play a more complex game like eclipse or something.

I don't imagine this game getting out too often if I owned it but maybe it would be good for that rare moment when kids want to play something? I dunno. I like the idea of it but maybe Robo Rally is more my style of game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay I
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does look like an over-simplified roborally. I was hoping to at least see ifs and loops built into it in some way, but it doesn't appear that they are. It looks like it's just movement instructions that all happen serially. Perhaps looping is too much for the low end of the age range, but it'd be nice to have it in there for the kids in the 6+ range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.