9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Time of each round at op events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Progressive Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering what kind of time limit each round had at the OP events. Would like to get a fell of how long I have to try and get a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically 60-75 minutes, but that depends on your TO and venue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the OP package it's supposed to be 60 minutes. I've found that isn't long enough so I've been giving between 75 and 90 minutes depending on the state of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is setup of the board included in that 60 minutes? It usually ended up taking us 5-10 minutes to get our ships in order, layout the mines, etc. Sometimes that's a full or turn or two out of the 60 minutes.

My first game actually took a lot longer than that to setup and we only got through 4 or 5 turns. 28 ponts to 17 points, each destroyed only 1 ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the six games played at our OP, all were resolved in 60 minutes. We laid everything out, made sure everyone was ready and then the TO started the countdown clock. We had a wide variety of experience levels (Veterans to just opened the box) and didn't really have any serious problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
My upcoming OP is only planning to have 50-minute rounds. I'm somewhat concerned about raining down sufficient destruction in that time frame, as I intend to play either Dominion or Federation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Progressive Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to all. I'll keep this in mind when I play. Did the time hinder any one on a win? Do you think if you had a few more minutes would you pull a win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:
My upcoming OP is only planning to have 50-minute rounds. I'm somewhat concerned about raining down sufficient destruction in that time frame, as I intend to play either Dominion or Federation.

Yes, I think sub 60 minute rounds is biased against the Feds, who have good survivability, but require time to dish out damage.

I think you'd be OK with the Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
350s10 wrote:
Thanks to all. I'll keep this in mind when I play. Did the time hinder any one on a win? Do you think if you had a few more minutes would you pull a win?

In all of my games in the OP, the 60 minutes was an accurate snapshot of what would have happened had the games run to their conclusion, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.