Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mrs P
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I am in Australia, I have already sold heaps of my good games on ebay (for far less than I paid for them) and I am wondering if I would fair any better selling on here - the problem being I am in Australia and have seen far more international sellers here than Oz sellers.

Anyone have experience selling personal collection games here? How does it compare to selling on ebay/Gumtree/other?

Ta
Sarah

p.s. I am down to the last 6 games and I don't expect much for them but as they are practically new and must just go at the whim of the ADHD hubby I do want the best price, we can't afford to let them go so cheaply at auction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the games I've sold at prices close to or higher than I paid originally, but I think you probably require greater patience to sell through BGG because you don't have a clock ticking on the sale.

You also get a better price as a result ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG only charges a 3% commission, and only when a game is sold. It doesn't cost anything to list, so you can set prices that you'd be happy with and give it a try.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guide_to_Selling_Games_on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs P
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone - have listed the 6 I have to sell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.