Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Have you ever... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...had someone defeat the Shopkeeper's Daughter barrier using a Crowbar?
This made us laugh out loud really hard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that she is a barrier, does not implicates that the crowbar can be used, because as i remember, the crowbar defeats a barrier with the Lock Trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, read the text of Crowbar. Then check the traits of Daughter. Then tell me we did something wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you used your Wisdom die for the check and not your strength die, then it is legit.

Shopkeeper's Daughter is a Barrier with the Obstacle trait. She has a Wisdom 8 check to defeat.

Crowbar lets you reveal it to add 1 die to noncombat strength check or check to defeat a barrier with either the Lock or Obstacle trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the point. It was LEGAL to use crowbar against her. Thats what made us laugh so hard. The images in our heads...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well hopefully all you had to do is show her the crowbar to let her know you wanted to get past her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what was her significance in the true rpg? was she evil?, misguided? a bystander? some to be saved/hostage to brake free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the town/investigation section which the "local heroes" scenario roughly represents, she tries to trick one of the characters to come down to the cellar with her to seduce them (I think she even locks them in there with her)

Partway through the encounter her Father turns up... hilarity ensues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spinningdice wrote:
In the town/investigation section which the "local heroes" scenario roughly represents, she tries to trick one of the characters to come down to the cellar with her to seduce them (I think she even locks them in there with her)

So: crowbar to pry open the locked cellar door and/or fend off the angry father... (pretty much certain that you've ALREADY failed your wisdom check to get into this situation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spinningdice wrote:

Adding to the humor, the set up she uses to get a character down there in the first place is that she needs help with rats in the cellar, a very cliche RPG scenario for starting characters. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BakaMattSu wrote:
spinningdice wrote:

Adding to the humor, the set up she uses to get a character down there in the first place is that she needs help with rats in the cellar, a very cliche RPG scenario for starting characters.

In our campaign, she lured our 1st-level Paladin down with a damsel-in-distress oh-help-me-with-the-terrible-rats-oh-kind-sir routine. We're all now 10th level, and we're STILL not believing his I'm-lawful-good-didn't-do-nothing story. Neither is her father, who demands he marry her every time we return to Sandpoint. (Which happens a LOT, btw...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to know this simple barrier has so much background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that a lot of the one-off boons and banes have a backstory like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.