Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a rule question, but can the ship take any route as the printed board looks almost like you have to go through one place before you can get to the other. The first intersection looks like you cannot turn left but need to go straight on. Sorry, I haven't got the board here to say more clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to go through either Hamburg, Antwerp, or Genova to reach the other cities, it is up to you to decide which route you want to take...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the city counts as a space for movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
A city counts as a space but you can take any exit from a city.

The one odd space on the board is where the red ship is in this picture:

That's a crossroads - you can change direction. For example, when your ship first arrives here you can go up, down or straight across.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
The real trick with shipping is planning your route. Once you have collected goods to deliver, that 12 turn timer can make shipping difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I tend to stock as many cubes for the last couple of rounds, especially on the last two turns when the 6's aren't getting turned into ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
That's why I tend to stock as many cubes for the last couple of rounds, especially on the last two turns when the 6's aren't getting turned into ones.

Typo? You meant *are* getting turned into ones, didn't you? Because 6s get turned into 1s on the last five turns. Or are you meaning something else?

Personally, I always find the end game short of cubes, not a surplus. Getting a stock built up for the last turn requires perfect rolls, a 6 when you're 6 turns out, then a 5 when you're 5 turns out, etc. We rarely roll that 1 number out of 6 you need. Add in a couple of "must take this" to finish certain cards, and it just seems to never work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No typo. I mean stocking up right before the 6's become ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, now I understand. Turns end-6 and end-7, when 6s end up giving cubes to the last and second last turns.

Exactly what you said, I just couldn't see it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.