Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seemingly, you can play "Source Freeze" (Goldyx skill) in your last turn of a round, since the rules only forbid it, to play something after your last turn, if you can do it out of your turn.

(1) So, how is "Source Freeze" handled, if played in your last turn of a round (= after another player before you announced the end of the round)?

I assume the following: The regular mana die from the source is blocked for the other players only until the end of the round, but not beyond that (because the skill tile returns from the source at the start of the next round). Second, I get the the mana crystal at the start of my next turn in the next round, based on the rerolled mana source. Am I right in that?

(2) If I play "Source Freeze" in one of my turns (not my last), but when it's my next turn, I announce the end of the round. Do I get the mana crystal? If yes, when? The rules are quite explicit to explain, that announcing the end of the round does NOT constitute a turn. But "Source Freeze" says, that I get the crystal in my next TURN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
I get the the mana crystal at the start of my next turn in the next round

I doubt it. A Round pretty much resets the whole affair. I see no reason for you to receive any benefits from the previous Round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
First up, if you did play source freeze in the last turn of a round, it would not affect the other players and the source would not be blocked. The rules are quite clear about that.

I would also say that in both cases you don't get the crystal, though that isn't nearly as cut and dried. I think cooperative and interactive skills and effects do not carry over into the next round.

Of course hand limit effects DO carry over into the next round, so it is a bit unintuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
First up, if you did play source freeze in the last turn of a round, it would not affect the other players and the source would not be blocked. The rules are quite clear about that.

Because of what rule? I am only aware of rules, who restrict to do something after your last turn, but not in your last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Copied from the Lost Legion rules:

During the End of the Round / Game state, it is not allowed:
– To invoke Player versus Player combat (it leads to forced
withdrawal instead). It is still allowed to attack another
player’s keep, if they are not present.
– To make cooperative assaults (either on cities or on Volkare).
To affect other players with Competitive Skills or
interactive Spells. If such a Skill or Spell is played during
this state, only the part the owner benefits from applies,
the part that affects other players is ignored.
Also, you
cannot steal a card with the Mind Read Spell at this time.
Also, to clarify:
• You do not draw cards after you finish your last turn. Effects
that increase Hand limit “next time you draw cards” transfer
to the next Round.
No competitive or cooperative skills transfer between turns.
• You cannot play any effects, even those “in turn of other players”, after your last turn.

The bolded second part might be a typo? I assumed it meant rounds, as otherwise I can't see the point of the clarification...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, this was exactly the info I needed about it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.