Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Variants

Subject: SDE with Mice & Mystics type of campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Lind
msg tools
mb
Hi all,

Just started to read through the storybook from Mice & Mystics and thought that a lot of these rules should be able to "transform" over to SDE quite nicely...!
I sooo long for a campaign mode so it might be that I'm reaching a bit here :-P

- Predetermined minion setups, perhaps including Dekes thoughts about moving in certain patterns
- Initiative stack could be done quite easily, 1 card for each type of monster
- One tile at a time, moving on from room to room
- "Cheese wheel" -> Skull tokens, when 6 is collected, bad stuff happens
- Search action gives loot, max 1 per tile. Could of course just put treasure chests on the tile :-P
- Killing baddies does NOT give you any loot, only searching/chests
- Mini bosses and Bosses give treasure only

Each and every monster type could have special rules, like Gougers stops 2 tiles away and the attacks
Ironscales attacks and then moves back and activates his Shield Wall and tries to wall as many baddies as possible
Etc etc

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
I've never played Mice and Mystics, but I've always heard good things about it. Another game that's doing a lot of interesting things with campaign ideas in a boardgame RPG is Myth.

I'm not sure what all will happen with SDE when the fabled campaign hits, but I hope Deke seeks inspiration from some of these other games that are doing fun and unique things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lind
msg tools
mb
Just got an answer on their Facebook page that the campaign mode should be coming "soon"
But then they removed it again a few minutes later...!
Error? Premature announcement?

Heres to hoping it will be here soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kreuh -
msg tools
mbmb
Interested in that also !!

FixingKitty wrote:
- Predetermined minion setups, perhaps including Dekes thoughts about moving in certain patterns...

Any info on this ?

Also, is there any announced campaign or scenarii for SDE, or is it just hopes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They've mentioned in the Forgotten King Kickstarter "Super Dungeon Explore: Legends" and told us it was a campaign mode, but that's the extent of our knowledge so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.