6 Posts

Olympus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Poll about the unbalanced temples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippo Degli Eustachi
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello, I've played some matches with Olyumpus and I think that some unique buildings are a little unbalanced, so I'd like to think about some tweaking and maybe send a feedback to the authors.

In order to do a good job I'd like to ask you what are the three more used/useful/strong temples (unique buildings) in your opinion.
I hope to get 50+ answer (or at least 20+ after three months) so that the poll outcome will be significant. Please provide a descending ranking that will translate as follows: gold (1st rank) = 5 points, silver (2nd rank) = 4 points, bronze (3rd rank) = 3 points. Please also think of Demetra/Artemis/Poseidon temples as a single building, since they have almost the same effect.

My vote is:
1 Temple of Athena
2 Temple of Aphrodite
3 Temple of DAP (Demetra-Artemis-Poseidon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evangelos Foskolos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
Gaming Together
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not find them unbalanced in a frustrating way. I believe that all the temples can be used in a very sufficient way according to each game.Although i will participate in the poll voting for the buildings that have helped in many different situations.

1. Temple of Zeus
2. Temple of Athena
3. Temple of Ares

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You list Temple of Athena first. Is that the one where others have to go back a level on a track if that person goes up in Culture? Yea, that one is a bit nasty, but also, once that person gets to the top of that track, they tend to stop using it.

I agree, I don't think they are unbalanced... you just have to plan to get a temple... being able to focus on one good and spend them as any other good is really powerful.

Then again, I only have 5 or 6 plays of this in.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo Degli Eustachi
Italy
flag msg tools
pilotbob wrote:
You list Temple of Athena first. Is that the one where others have to go back a level on a track if that person goes up in Culture? Yea, that one is a bit nasty, but also, once that person gets to the top of that track, they tend to stop using it.

Yes, that's the temple. To be precise you go back and the person goes up every time he/she praises Athena, with ot without a culture improvement. My minor disappointment with it is due to its culture cost (2) which let's it come into the game a bit too early (IMO) and once the owner reaches culture 6 it starts hammering everybody. As a counter example I look at Temple of Apollo which needs culture 5 to be built and protect you, to Temple of Ades which has a high cost and a (big) one-shot effect or at Temple of Aphrodite which costs the same as Temple of Athena and enhances its effect only at population 10.

pilotbob wrote:
I agree, I don't think they are unbalanced... you just have to plan to get a temple... being able to focus on one good and spend them as any other good is really powerful.

I admit they're not unbalanced, the game is good and works fine, expecially with 4 or 5 players (IMO). However I'd like to "fine tune" it for the gaming sessions with my friends and, if the poll gives a clear outcome, to find out the MVTemples ;-)

Thanks to you and to fokos for your contribution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pewphead pewphead
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only unbalanced temple is Apollo but then the people I play with are out for blood. No other temple is fought over or considered essential to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inthink that in a 4 player game the player who does not get a temple is bound to lose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.