Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I wanted to create a "Swarm" style list, but I dont have enough TIEs to do it. To add the extra points to get to 100, I made a few of them named pilots and added a couple upgrades. Will be running this tonight to give it a shot. Constructive criticism welcome.
----------------------------
Soontir Fel(27)
-Push The Limit(3)

Backstabber(16)
-Engine Upgrade(4)

Howlrunner(18)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot(16)
-Concussion Missiles(4)

Academy Pilot(12)
----------------------------
My plan is to use the concussion missiles to take out a stealth device or if there isnt one, a good alpha strike on my primary target. Backstabber will be able to boost/barrel roll his way outside the enemy's firing arc. Fel will do his thing, and howlrunner will sit in the middle and allow rerolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not a bad list, I'd be interested to see how it plays out. My only concern would be concussion missiles on a low PS ship. This means in order to TL for an alpha strike you have to either hope for an even lower PS, or you have to fly in range 3 to get the TL, then your opponent moves, it's possible they could move too close to allow the missiles to even fire. Just something to think about, it's not a deal breaker by any means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
Not a bad list, I'd be interested to see how it plays out. My only concern would be concussion missiles on a low PS ship. This means in order to TL for an alpha strike you have to either hope for an even lower PS, or you have to fly in range 3 to get the TL, then your opponent moves, it's possible they could move too close to allow the missiles to even fire. Just something to think about, it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Thanks for the confidence! I do understand this issue with having to get the target lock with a low pilot skill. My B-Wing list has Adv. Torps on Ibtisam. I always have the issue of getting my lock then getting the range and a focus ready. If I fail at the alpha strike, I feel like maybe it will be a good diversion. Howlrunner, Backstabber, and Soontir are HUGE targets that people want to get off the board. Add a bomber with readied missiles. That's a hard decision on who to go after first. I also think the 5-k-turn will help. Get my target lock and if I'm at range 1, next turn I'll be range 3. Then it's just a "can I survive to get my shot off" situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy betsch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Try a B-wing with Advanced Torps and an Ion Cannon with Fire Control System. Focus for the hits on the ion cannon on the first turn, take the free target lock and move into a garaunteed range 1 shot with the APTs and focus due to knowing where your target will be. That can be done on a Blue Squadron for 33 points total (which you could then spam for 3 in a single list, or just have 1 as a heavy striker in a more diverse list)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eruletho wrote:
Try a B-wing with Advanced Torps and an Ion Cannon with Fire Control System. Focus for the hits on the ion cannon on the first turn, take the free target lock and move into a garaunteed range 1 shot with the APTs and focus due to knowing where your target will be. That can be done on a Blue Squadron for 33 points total (which you could then spam for 3 in a single list, or just have 1 as a heavy striker in a more diverse list)

A bit like what you're talking about. Check out my list here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1040674/my-first-game-with-a.... Instead of having the ion cannon on the B-Wing, I have it on Salm. I like having a turret available for extra protection on the B-Wing. It's too easy to follow around the slow ship if he doesn't have protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wadsworth
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran this list over the weekend with great results against an X, A, B-wing list.

Turr Phennir with VI is great at hitting hard at range 1 and then getting out of firing arcs.

=============
TIE All Stars
=============

100 points

Pilots
------

Turr Phennir (29)
TIE Interceptor (25), Veteran Instincts (1), Stealth Device (3)

Night Beast (15)

Dark Curse (20)
TIE Fighter (16), Shield Upgrade (4)

Mauler Mithel (24)
TIE Fighter (17), Expose (4), Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (12)

------

View: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/20212/tie-all-stars
Tweak: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build/20212

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good list. I actually just changed this list for me. Haven't gotten a chance to play it (new or old), but I just got a TIE-Adv and wanted to try out Vader.

This is much more of a theme deck then a legitimate deck, but we'll see how it runs. Going to try it out tomorrow.

New Named TIE List
==================

Vader - Squad Leader
Mauler Mithel
Backstabber
Howlrunner
Alpha Squad Pilot

My strategy is to keep the TIEs out of firing arcs and fed from Vader's actions. Maybe spearhead with the Alpha as a distraction. People in my area always go for the interceptors first because they're all scared of Soontir. It's just stuck in their heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.