Subject: Scorching Weather rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state to first draw an event card, then adjust the weather marker, then lose an energy if the marker is at the hottest level. A couple events do not change the weather at all, but direct you to resolve the text, and reveal the next event. If you do this, and the weather stays at the hottest level, would players take 2 energy losses in the round, one for each card that was revealed? For each card, the resulting level of weather was at the hottest, which would seem to require an energy loss each time. The rules don't seem to require that any weather adjustment is needed, only that the marker is at the hottest after the weather is resolved. Agree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be surprised if you lost more than one energy per event phase to scorching weather.

However, I lack the rules quote to prove that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
I would be surprised if you lost more than one energy per event phase to scorching weather.

However, I lack the rules quote to prove that.

We ended up doing as you said, and only lost one energy. I am surprised with the lack of discussion about some of these cards, many of which are somewhat vague. I hate to post all the questions I had, with the main reason that it might spoil some of the surprises of the game. I really enjoy it, but the lack of clarity slows it down at times. Hopefully patience for me will pay off, and more posts will pop up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're doing the right thing by doing the well-labeled rules posts.

I was going to post some similar questions but hadn't found the time yet.

Hopefully we'll get some somewhat official answers and someone will compile a FAQ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.