Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob DeSilva
United States
Levittown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New, reprint copies of Stalin's Tanks, Rommel's Panzers, Fire When Ready and Ram Speed are now available at the Oops! discount chain store! They are selling for $3.99 or 3 for $10.00! I just picked some up at the store in the Tanger outlet canter in Deer Park, NY.

Bob D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint copies? Are you sure?

Sadly, there's no Ooops outlets within easy driving range of me. I'd have to go out to the Eastern Shore to visit one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
hotspur wrote:
Reprint copies? Are you sure?

Indeed, "reprint" sounds odd. (Especially since it's apparently hard to track down the original copyright holder to get permission for a reprint, from what I understand.)

Old original copies (perhaps found sitting around in a warehouse somewhere) sounds more likely than that someone is reprinting them, doesn't it? E.g., I picked up some old new-condition Metagames at BGG.CON a few years ago from a vendor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing your post I called a bunch of Oops! stores and found a manager at one of them who took his time to dig around and see if he had any copies left.

He found a few and I bought them all. They couldn't have been nicer since I live no where near one of their stores. He packed them up and sent them to me and just took my credit card info over the phone to pay for them.

They were all shrinkwrapped BUT note that UNDER the shrinkwrap someone had marked out the word "die" with black Magic Marker as apparently the copies did not have the little die in them. In addition, some of them had had a perforated piece of cardboard on the top (to hang on a rack?) removed and this was UNDER the shrinkwrap.

Sounds like someone found a pallet or box of games in a warehouse or storage unit somewhere and sold them to Oops!

Stalin's Tanks, Rommel's Tanks, Ram Speed and Fire When Ready were the only titles available. Oh, for a few copies of Fury of the Norsemen!

Interesting find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.