Hide
4 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! 3.0» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ninja Army 2.0 The kurokage clan now with balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dusty crispy
msg tools
I appoligize if making a new thread was not the right thing to do, but my lack of knowlage of how to post images mede my last one poorly formated.

Also my lack of control caused my ninja army to be overpowered (can any fun loving ninja fan blame me?!?)

Due to the trouble i had with the last image, it just made since to do the changes with copy paste in paint...so some of the pieces look really bad, but what the army lacks in look, it should make up for in over all balance, please let me know what you guys think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
I really am sorry for the bad looking ness...but i wanted to give you guys something worth playtesting ASAP

anyway the new info

The Kurokage Clan.

The Kurokage clan, has remained hidden all this time, simply because they did not wish to be seen. There reasons for emerging now, are like the clan itself wrapped in mystery. There origins are from Japan, a clan of cybernetic ninjas, attacking from the shadows only to vanishing completely into thin air, leaving behind nothing but a little smoke and a lot of confusion. While members operating close to the HQ manage completely unnoticed. Without being seen the Kurokage clan have manged to extract poison from neojungle, but they believe that the greatest weapon of all is not the sword, or the shield or even the gun...It is the element of surprise.

PROs- Extremely mobile, fast, hard hitting, able to poison, surprise factor

CONs- No armor, No toughness, only 1 ranged unit, only able to "Distract" enemies not able to remove them from the board.

New Rules
-SHADE- (moon symbol) your tile is blacked out from view of other players. You do this, by simply putting the tile on the board face down. It remains hidden until the start of the next battle, or unless an ability such as net or move becomes activated.

-VANISH-(smoke symbol) a chip that becomes vanished is removed from the board. You may put it on any free space on the board at the beginning of the next battle (HQ can not vanish) BEWARE if you are not able to place it on the board it goes to the discard pile, never to be seen agian.

-Distact-(ear symbol) Rotate an enemey piece

-VANISH/REPLACEMENT- The Master Ninja, When coming on to the board has the ablity to go over top of any one of your own pieces, causing it to vanish.

-DODGE- avoid any 0 int attack

-Piece by piece...from left to right.

HQ- gives shade to all of your tiles beside it.

Medic Mod- 3 directions

Battle- Starts a battle

Distract- Rotate one enemy tile

Move- move one of your tiles

Vanish- Vanish one of your tiles

Acelerator Mod- 2 directions

Move Mod- All directions

Poison Mod- Gives poison in one direction

Ninja Master- 4 int...for now might take down to 3 , 2 melee, dodge, Vanish/ Replace.
(note: you are able to use the ninja Master to make "Vanishing chains" if you use a vanish tile to vanish him...when he comes back...he could then vanish another one of your pieces)

archer- 0 int, 1 range

Blackout- Gives shade to each of every one of your pieces on the board

Vanisher- 1 int, 1 melee, able to vanish himself

Cyber Ninja- 2 int, 1 melee, dodge, move

Slicer- 3 int, 1 melee in 3 directions

Trapper- net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Detail rules

You can rotate HQs with distract, but would only matter vs Vegas or dancer

Blackout does not give shade to itself, or your HQ...it can be hidden by your HQ so long as you have no ther pieces on the board. If you were to put one on the blackouts mod ability would become active thus taking it out of shade, unless that piece was too beside you HQ so it is getting shade from it, thus it does not get shade from blackout, thus blackout is not being activated and can still remain hidden

Int boosts hidden by shade DO NOT show up on the chip they are boosting...until the next battle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty crispy
msg tools
Also wanted to be more clear on shade...

I think in the official rules you have to show your draws to the opponent
The main advantage of playing this army is you don't have to!

Your draws are secret, or else shade would be almost useless

Your can even hold back a chip, to be played another round WITHOUT

Showing it to you opponent.

A chip in shade that vanishes, STAYS hidden, unless in the case of a vanisher tile vanishing himself, he would be shown, cuz his ability was activated

This really allows you to operate from the shadows so to Speak.

It way be Easyer to think of your chips as hidden, unless otherwise. By that I mean placed on a place without shade, or used in the case of an action tile.

But as mentioned before, if an ability on the chip becomes used, like net or move, then you must prove you are able to do that ability by taking said tile out of shade.

Int boosts, and posin boosts can remain hidden until the battle begins

Also poisin takes effect before ninjas are placed on the board from vanish...so it goes

BATTLE start
Poison effect
Tiles come out of vanish Zone
All tiles are taken out of shade
Highest int phase begins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.