Subject: Getting talismans in the final Magical Quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it is, a solo romp in the land of Talisman, I think this is a very good app. However, I have one particular complaint and that is when you do the final Magical Quest for a character, you are totally at the mercy of the adventure deck as to when a talisman turns up as that is the only way to get a talisman, the Warlock's Cave being limited to turning back the turn counter. (On one occasion it turned up as the very first item and on another I had to wait nearly a hundred turns to get one!)

This adaptation of the Warlock's Cave is fine and makes perfect sense for the other timed "missions" for the characters, but surely the Warlock's Cave should have simply reverted to a talisman provider in the final magical quest.

And then I read a review (http://videogamegeek.com/article/13487653#13487653) which states:
Quote:
The last mission for every character is called "The Magical Quest" and is a solo game of Talisman where you win once you reach the Crown of Command. There's no timer for this one, so you can take your time and prepare for your adventure as much as you like. One change worth noting is that the Warlock's Cave changes in the Magical Quest, or rather, it changes back to what it was in the tabletop game: where you get the Talisman in order to access the Crown of Command. In all the other missions, completing the Warlock's Quest sets the turn counter back 4 turns, which can be powerful if you get the right quest from the Warlock.

Well, not for me it doesn't! So I'm wondering whether I am missing something and there is a way to get a talisman from the Warlock's Cave in the Magical Quest missions or this review was just incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not remembering, but my partner is quite sure that it deducts turns; she rolled the 'give up a magic object' result and then later got teleported back and lost her just-acquired Talisman to get a useless 4 turns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
I'm not remembering, but my partner is quite sure that it deducts turns; she rolled the 'give up a magic object' result and then later got teleported back and lost her just-acquired Talisman to get a useless 4 turns!

Exactly - completing the Warlock's quests just continues to reward you with a reduction in your turn number - which makes sense with the first released version where most of the "missions" were "complete X task as quickly as possible", but makes far less sense in the final magical quest missions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
I have the steam version of this: same situation, and I was pretty puzzled as to why I gave a crap about turns when they are useless to me in that quest. Now I know. Perhaps a bug?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.