Popular Tags: [View All]
Stu Ward
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Greetings!

I have some pokemon crazy kids (7 and 9) who regularly attend my game nights. I handed them boxes and boxes of old pokemon cards, but we really don't want to play the CCG because it's two player only.

Are there any other (half decent) Pokemon themed games out there that folks have personal experience of? I do have Pokemon Monopoly, but that's a bit much for the kids, and for the adults.. well.. Monopoly. You know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paterno
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have personal experience but I was looking at a used copy of Sorry!: Pokémon for my kids. Not a big fan of Sorry but it's much better (and quicker game) than Monopoly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Ward
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
That could be a decent idea.. something quick that we can play to sate them a bit.. then send 'em back to the PS3 while we play Arkham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
esin .
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
No answers to OPs question, but now I'm thinking how cool it would be to have a board game Mechanically similar to pokemon. Minis with abilities, maybe some tactical maneuvering and none of the rpg grind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
We owned a number of the Pokemon slap-on-theme games, like Monopoly. They're all pretty bad... though I have to say that the special powers you get for rolling doubles in Pokemon Monopoly made it slightly more interesting than standard.

The better option was Pokémon Master Trainer. Not a great game, but I didn't dread having a game now and then with my girls.

The BEST option, though, was to simply play Pokemon: TCG with multiple players. Really, just tweak the rules a little.

We played 3-player often. You can choose whether to have paralysis, sleep, etc. last an entire round, or flip after each individual turn. We also experimented with having two active pokemon out at the same time -- though you could only attack with one per turn.

We also played with 4 players as teams. Standard rules; attack anyone you want. You have knock out both opponents to win. That was a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.