Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what I've read, first edition sounds more "realistic" than second, but second looks better. For realism, let's say The Walking Dead (first edition) vs. Left 4 Dead (second edition). I like both styles of zombie apocalypse but prefer the former, and this isn't intended as a knock against either edition.

Is that impression accurate?

If so, can second edition be "dialed back" to first to get the best of both worlds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Germany
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
I won't comment on the realism question, I don't think The Walking Dead is particularly more realistic then Left 4 Dead. If you ask me, L4D is actually "more realistic" or at least more believable because IIRC in L4D it's not zombies but just a kind of infection with rabies-like symptoms, just much worse. Sounds a lot more believable to me than... the dead walking the earth again!

That said, talking about suspension of disbelief you do have a point that the 2nd edition is way more crazy. I like it, because it means there are lots and lots more options and possibilities. But yeah, stuff like crazy scientist fighting against you and super-powered zombies feel a bit out-of-place in a "gritty" survival game.

The first edition is 100 % included in the 2nd edition, so there is really no reason to buy the first one anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
bob001 wrote:
That said, talking about suspension of disbelief you do have a point that the 2nd edition is way more crazy. I like it, because it means there are lots and lots more options and possibilities. But yeah, stuff like crazy scientist fighting against you and super-powered zombies feel a bit out-of-place in a "gritty" survival game.

The first edition is 100 % included in the 2nd edition, so there is really no reason to buy the first one anymore.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was curious about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.