Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE SEE MY SPECIAL REQUEST POST BELOW

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

SETUP: 11 twists. Replace all bystanders in the villain deck with wounds. Bystander deck holds 6 random bystanders per player or 18, whichever is less. If the bystander deck runs out, evil wins!

SPECIAL RULES: Any card with a wound attached becomes a zombie.

When a wound is drawn from the villain deck attach it to the left-most villain in the city without a wound.

At the end of each player's turn if there is a zombie in the city streets KO the top card of the bystander deck.

Attach a wound to the hero in HQ with the lowest recruit points if:
-A zombie escapes (use wound from escape pile).
-There are no villains when a wound appears.
-All villains already have a wound when a wound appears.

Zombie-heroes attack = recruit and they cannot be recruited or KO'd by any other means.

Move zombie-heroes from HQ into the city streets if unoccupied.

KO any bystanders captured by zombie-villains.

Defeated zombie-villains go in your victory pile.

Defeated zombie-heroes get KO'd.

Shuffle wounds from KO'd zombies back into the villain deck.

When you rescue a bystander you may take one from the KO pile and place it in your victory pile.

SCHEME TWISTS:

TWIST: Move all villains one space down the city track (do not escape any villains this way). If there are no villains, play the top two cards of the villain deck. Finally, attach a wound to the left-most villain per rules above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Scheme - ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - By PinkLed5
I was able to play-test this scheme for the first time last night with two players and as a result I've made extensive modifications to it. Please share feedback and make revision suggestions if you get the opportunity to play-test it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
* SPECIAL REQUEST *

I have play-tested this scheme extensively with 2 players and modified it to the point where I feel it is well balanced (and extremely fun!). However, I don't know how the scheme scales to more players (3, 4 & 5).

Please, if you are able to play test this scheme with multiple players and report your findings that would be very helpful! Report your game setup (mastermind, villains, henchmen and heroes) and relate your overall experience. Then make any suggestions you might have on balancing it out!

Remember that you need several experiences with the scheme to make a good judgment regarding it. Any scheme can wind up feeling too easy or too hard on occasion.

But most of all, have fun while doing it! This appears to be a fantastic scheme with a lot of intricate strategies and mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.