United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have a player with a tackle icon against a ball carrier with the Stand Firm ability. Can I exhaust Eshin Assassination Coordinator and attempt to knock him out with a injury?

Stand Firm reads (pg. 17): "While this player is the ball carrier, opposing players cannot tackle him."

Eshin Assassination Coordinator reads: "Response: Before 1 of your players attempts a tackle, exhaust this card and choose 1 opposing player. Instead of of resolving the tackle, roll 1 dice and apply the result:

: Injure the player
_ or X: Lose 1 fan"

My instinct tells me that a player needs only be able to have a tackle ability (regardless of whether it can succeed or not) for the Eshin card to be playable. This seems to be confirmed by the faq which says A: No, it is not considered a tackle attempt. The card text reads “Instead of resolving the tackle...,” which means that no tackle attempt occurred.

Sound good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you there. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree too. Since you are not technically tackling the player with Stand Firm, it shouldn't kick in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ interpretation seems to back you up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a tackle so it should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's how we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.