Subject: iOS version coming out soon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else looking forward to it? I have never played the physical game, but my wife and I are looking forward to both getting this, as we will be each getting an iPad soon.

We like playing some deck builders (we have Ascension, The DC Deckbuilding Game, and Penny Arcade), but we hate all the setup that goes into getting a game going and all the math you have to do at the end. So this will be a great way for us to finally get to play this game without all the things that annoy us about deckbuilders.

And if she gets tired of it, I'll always have AI and online opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get it.

Unfortunately, though, my Indiegogo copy has not even been sent. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to trying it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plastic Rhombus
msg tools
your indiegogo copy of romantic vacation hasn't been sent out yet? Have they said anything? You should get on them, I picked up my copy of vacation at a con like three months ago.

I'm ridiculously excited for this, though really I'm excited for once all the expansions are out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
Anyone else looking forward to it?

I am!

Though, I find the base game a bit plain. I'm hoping for a quick release of expansions; something Playdek has been a bit slow on in the past (due to licensing, programing time... I don't know why, but they are). I'm pretty sure some expansions will never be released (Nightfall, for example). I fear Tanto falling into this category, though I think I saw on another thread that the third box was already released in Japan; so that's a good sign.

edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm definitely looking forward to it seeing as it probably won't cost me $50 to try it out! But I definitely have the same concerns Anthony does regarding the probably lack of expansions. Even Summoner Wars is slowing down as the expansions aren't as economically feasible as the e-publisher had hoped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is out now in the iTunes store. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game's out now, I've picked it up and tried a few games. Pretty solid, no real complaints aside from it not telling you how many cards from a player's deck were in their chambers and how many were still in the deck. However, it looks like it's only possible to have either all of the Crescent sisters or none of them; the game won't let you play with only one or two. I'm not sure how true that is, as I haven't played enough games yet, but I really wish there was an option to allow only one or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augusto E. Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing it today. Pretty solid. Really nice to have more solid deckbuilders on iOS.

However, not sure if is because of having played too much lately but i find the game lacking without the expansions. Hope they do not take much time to release them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crescent sister thing is odd if that is the case. (I haven't tried the iOS version myself.) Having a choice over the number of Crescents to include at minimum (or easier, just not caring and treating them as any other card) is not that difficult of a thing to implement; heck, my randomizer utility can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played several games and so far it appears that it either all three sisters or none at all. Maybe they'll address it in the next update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:
I played several games and so far it appears that it either all three sisters or none at all. Maybe they'll address it in the next update.

Odd, I never play with one or two. Three or all for me. What's the strategic interest in one or two? I'd thing they'd become mostly dead cards until the end of the game maybe to point rush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcom Renolds

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
Now if we can get an Android version, as i dont have an iOS device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Miller
Australia
Brisbane City
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the app and I'm having a great time with it. Enough that I have backed the Oktobefest kickstarter for a copy of the physical game. The app provides a cheap way to try the game out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.